Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Figured this might help someone who gets new tires for the first time.

I just went from this:

to This:

So now, I am just reaching the 50mile mark on the tires, the bike seems to be jumpy, like stuttery, and wants to accelerate, if I try to cruise at speed, it kind of jumps or twitches,

has anyone experienced this with new tires, is it just the tread gripping with every slight bump?

it turns fine, havent pushed it yet, as I am not over the 100 mile marker, I want to be safe,

I am thinking its just the difference between no tread and tread, when I got the bike it felt similar to this just not as dramatic,

thanks for the help!!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Where did you buy the tires? I've heard of people buying them off line fro like ebay n **** and having some what of the same problem from the tire being defetive from the buyer or what not. Also out of all the tire why bridgestones's battlewaxes lol

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you buy the tires? I've heard of people buying them off line fro like ebay n **** and having some what of the same problem from the tire being defetive from the buyer or what not. Also out of all the tire why bridgestones's battlewaxes lol

hahhaha, battlewax NICE,

well I heard some good reviews about them, a lot of people here ride with em, I got them for a super killer deal, ride in, fully installed, and couldnt afford the 2cts this time around, I will be trying those next though, or the pures,

I got them from a local shop here, so I am sure the tires are good,

any cons you know of these tires? would love to know the bad on them,

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
check the date on the tires. They might be sitting on the shelfs for too long. First 2 Numbers are weeks of the year, and last 2 digits are year. so 2409 means 24th weeks in 2009. Buyers ALWAYS ALWAYS check before letting those dealers sell you old tires. if one tire fails, you die.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I havent heard of any problems with the tires. We sell a lot of them at cycle gear. Make sure they balanced them correctly, that could be the issue. Next time, dont let your tire get down to where its chipping off in the center, not a bright idea. I have ridding on these tires and didn't feel what you are feeling.. just take them back to the shop and see what they can do... if its a defective tire, they should replace it for free. same with balancing.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent heard of any problems with the tires. We sell a lot of them at cycle gear. Make sure they balanced them correctly, that could be the issue. Next time, dont let your tire get down to where its chipping off in the center, not a bright idea. I have ridding on these tires and didn't feel what you are feeling.. just take them back to the shop and see what they can do... if its a defective tire, they should replace it for free. same with balancing.

Cool man, so smooth sailing the moment you got them huh? I was thinking its just giving insane feedback due to the bumps, I am going to take it on the smoothest road I know of, then call the guy,

thanks mang!!!!!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Cool man, so smooth sailing the moment you got them huh? I was thinking its just giving insane feedback due to the bumps, I am going to take it on the smoothest road I know of, then call the guy,

thanks mang!!!!!
yeah they were fine. let us know what the turn out is, im curious about it.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check the date on the tires. They might be sitting on the shelfs for too long. First 2 Numbers are weeks of the year, and last 2 digits are year. so 2409 means 24th weeks in 2009. Buyers ALWAYS ALWAYS check before letting those dealers sell you old tires. if one tire fails, you die.

Hey bRo,

How new should they be the date on these tires is,

4609, so the 46th week of 2009 right, too old?

thanks im going to call them,

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah they were fine. let us know what the turn out is, im curious about it.

will do bro, Im thinking its me cause I was on that baldy for a good month, and now back to grip, I guess its more twitchy, like it bounces a little with every bump,

what tire pressure are you running stack? Maybe im a little low, im at 33/33

Im gonna call them and tell them im feeling some jumpiness,

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
will do bro, Im thinking its me cause I was on that baldy for a good month, and now back to grip, I guess its more twitchy, like it bounces a little with every bump,

what tire pressure are you running stack? Maybe im a little low, im at 33/33

Im gonna call them and tell them im feeling some jumpiness,
I run 36 front and 42 rear for street riding. And i think tires made in 09 are a little old, but let someone else here clarify that since i have never bought tires that old.

·
Registered
462 Posts
To the question u asked before about the cons/pros imo i dont like them, they take for ever to heat up there cheap tires thats why they put them on 90% of factory bike outta the factory. There great for the track cause there a harder compound i just dont like the. They dont have much of a lean angle on them and i just put alot of trust in them. As for the 2ct no reason to run those the pilot ct are just fine for riding street. Great lean angle,heat up really fast tread wear isnt that great but they'll last about a season or two all depends on how you ride.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run 36 front and 42 rear for street riding. And i think tires made in 09 are a little old, but let someone else here clarify that since i have never bought tires that old.
To the question u asked before about the cons/pros imo i dont like them, they take for ever to heat up there cheap tires thats why they put them on 90% of factory bike outta the factory. There great for the track cause there a harder compound i just dont like the. They dont have much of a lean angle on them and i just put alot of trust in them. As for the 2ct no reason to run those the pilot ct are just fine for riding street. Great lean angle,heat up really fast tread wear isnt that great but they'll last about a season or two all depends on how you ride.

so thats not good news stack, how old are the tires you get on your bike,

and Tim, NOW YOU TELL ME!!! hahaha, is 4609 to old, should I go back and let em know?

thanks for the help guys,

·
Registered
462 Posts
so thats not good news stack, how old are the tires you get on your bike,

and Tim, NOW YOU TELL ME!!! hahaha, is 4609 to old, should I go back and let em know?

thanks for the help guys
Ha sorry man. Dont get me wrong u'll be fine to run them they'll last aleast 2-3 season. just make sure u scrub them in nice and just make sure there heated up if ur out pushing it on the street man. With the year of the tires never really knew about that lol

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sorry Tim, that was meant for Kick above,

or anyone, you think 46th 2009 tires is too old, thanks again for the help, Im running a bit low on the pressure so I will adjust that and see if it makes a difference, thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Sorry Tim, that was meant for Kick above,

or anyone, you think 46th 2009 tires is too old, thanks again for the help, Im running a bit low on the pressure so I will adjust that and see if it makes a difference, thanks again!!!
late 09 is only a bit over 12 months old, now although a shop would probably move them quicker than that normally giving people newer tyres as a result, it is still not that old though, especially when it hasn't been pressurised or left out in the sun and rain to deteriorate. IMO don't worry about the manufacture date in this case.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if what your feeling is the 'fur' on the tyre (those little bits sticking out everywhere from the moulding process) For me they make the tyre feel squirelly until they wear off, but after that they are solid.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
late 09 is only a bit over 12 months old, now although a shop would probably move them quicker than that normally giving people newer tyres as a result, it is still not that old though, especially when it hasn't been pressurised or left out in the sun and rain to deteriorate. IMO don't worry about the manufacture date in this case.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if what your feeling is the 'fur' on the tyre (those little bits sticking out everywhere from the moulding process) For me they make the tyre feel squirelly until they wear off, but after that they are solid.

What up NICO!!!!!,

Thanks, that is what I was thinking, it could be the strips, also a different feel from the bald ones I was running.

I called the guy so I will update when I find anything out,

thanks again!!!! I am leaning towards just being overly sensitive to the new tires,

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
What up NICO!!!!!,

Thanks, that is what I was thinking, it could be the strips, also a different feel from the bald ones I was running.

I called the guy so I will update when I find anything out,

thanks again!!!! I am leaning towards just being overly sensitive to the new tires,
Not much mate, just got back from a months holiday without a computer...

I generally pull all those little bits off the tyre these days cause I hate the feel of the bastards... give it a go and see what you think.

Mind you I never really noticed them as much on the 2CTs (40km ride home from the shop that fitted them) as I did on battalaxes... softer compound :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not much mate, just got back from a months holiday without a computer...

I generally pull all those little bits off the tyre these days cause I hate the feel of the bastards... give it a go and see what you think.

Mind you I never really noticed them as much on the 2CTs (40km ride home from the shop that fitted them) as I did on battalaxes... softer compound :dontknow:

I think that time without a computer made you Yoda like, hahahaha, I think you're right, they feel hard, and it feels like Im running over every little bump,

since i got hair on my tires I can see why, hahaha, im going to give them until 100 miles, they should all be gone by then, then we will see,

thanks again all for your help,

good to hear your back NICO!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I think that time without a computer made you Yoda like, hahahaha, I think you're right, they feel hard, and it feels like Im running over every little bump,

since i got hair on my tires I can see why, hahaha, im going to give them until 100 miles, they should all be gone by then, then we will see,

thanks again all for your help,

good to hear your back NICO!!!!!
No worries mate,

And I never left - just didn't have a computer for a while :)

And what the hell do you mean yoda like? Surely my gramma isn't that bad?:crackup:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Ha sorry man. Dont get me wrong u'll be fine to run them they'll last aleast 2-3 season. just make sure u scrub them in nice and just make sure there heated up if ur out pushing it on the street man. With the year of the tires never really knew about that lol
Street tires are at 75% heat within 1 mile of riding. This dumb rule of having to break a tire in is retarded. I have never waited to break tires in, ever. I give them hell right off the get go, never had a problem. And "PUSHING it" on the street is something no one should be doing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts