Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a lot of fight in other threads, so I opened a new one for my stupid question.
I am a daily rider, and always do sum hill climb and track at weekend.
my place is get into the rainning season soon( shower only). I know those race tire are sucks in the rain, but I am happy to build my CONFIDENCE on the sunny day.
so I decide to get some 2nd tires which off the track(my mate told me those track tires had already worm up, dont know wether is right or not...)
now, here is my list:
a.Pilot power
b.Racetech
c.Super crosa

any inputs? votes?

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Michelin Pilot Power is a great tire for the dry/wet/cold street use and occasional track day. Also consider the Metzeler M3 Sportec, Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier, Pirelli Diablo or Diablo Corsa III, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, etc.

The Metzeler Racetec and Pirelli SuperCorsa are DOT track tires. Yes you can run track tires on the street and some people swear by them on the street but use abundant caution using them in cold/wet conditions or you might find yourself swearing at your tires.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,876 Posts
if i had to choose among your list i'd pick Michelin Pilot Power but don't just stop there, Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, Metzeler Sportec M3, Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier are also great street/track tires. i already did a trackday on my Pilot Powers & i also ride a lot in the rain in the past few weeks & i can say with confidence the Pilot Power sticks.

as much as i like the Pilot Power i feel the need to try something different so i'm choosing between the Metz Sportec M3 & Pirelli Diablo Corsa as i want a bit more mileage but get the same performance like the Pilot Power in the street & track, wet or dry.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i have the Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier on my rr and some diablos on my gsxr. i like the them both and the qualifier has put up with alot of CONFIDENCE building. As for my diablos they were beat up when i got um but they still give great control. Plus my dunlops have been in Hawaii rain and didnt let me down while cold...(it was horrible, but couldnt wait it out) and the hold up great in the springles we get. i just cant tell u about the track dew to the lack of one on the island thx to the locals, but anywho, im sure they will help u boost your CONFIDENCE. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.