Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2ct's on my bike now with 1 track day and maybe 1000 street miles. they have sat out all winter because my bike is outside. they have a good bit of tread but i dont know if they are still going to be ok. should i just get new ones or get 1 more day out of these?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Still pretty low miles & would probably be okay - depending on what group you ride in. I will say this though, I lost my 05rr at my last trackday due to expired tires. I had more miles on my 2ct's, but they were definitely heat cycled out (looked fine).

As someone else said on this forum, fresh tires are your best insurance at the track. Don't learn a tough lesson as I did. My $.02

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i don't think tires in that condition would be bad, but really just look for cracks etc.. they'll check your tires when you go through tech inspection. If you want track tires go to www.sportbiketrackgear.com & they have a great deal on michelin power race

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i might get new ones and put these older ones back on to street ride till the trackday after this one. if i dont i will be paranoid the entire day. i only run b group. i am slow

·
Registered
922 Posts
If your running intermediate group and not running backmarker it's likely time for tracktires. It's not so much the tread as it is the profile. Save up, buy second set of rims off ebay and mount tires for trackdays. Then save up more for decent mounting setup to save $$ over time paying someone oelse $50 a set to switch tires from rim to rim.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i have 2ct's on my bike now with 1 track day and maybe 1000 street miles. they have sat out all winter because my bike is outside. they have a good bit of tread but i dont know if they are still going to be ok. should i just get new ones or get 1 more day out of these?
I'd get new tires just to be safe, esp if you're running Grp B/Intermediate.

just curious, why was you're bike sitting outside for the winter? i would think that you'd keep it indoors in that weather..

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no thats b for beginer, as in i am very slow lol.

my bike sits out becuase i have no garage to store it in and i dont think my mom wants it in the kitchen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts