Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello, I'm a fairly new sport bike rider and I just picked up my first 600rr. I've been reading alot on this forum and found tons of great advice and info. My first 600rr, however, isn't a brand new beauty. I bought it used off a guy who had wrecked it in first going around a corner (highsided). The damage was mostly to the fairings and he rode the bike back home afterward. So, now I've got a winter project, although there's not too much to be done to it. I've picked up some parts over the last month or so and just started it and took it for a slow test ride just the other day. Everything seems to be in good workinig order, sounds smooth, no leaks. Still got more to check on it, but so far, so good.

I grew up riding dirt bikes and in high school made the switch to street after taking a Motorcycle Safety Course. My first street bike was a 91 Suzuki GS500E. It was a great bike to learn on. My 600rr is an 03 and it's definately a significant step up in all categories, so I plan to do a lot of practicing in parking lots and on my street before I spend much time out on the road.

Any thoughts or comments are always appreciated. Thanks guys.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome man! Sounds like your are doing everything perfectly. You took your MSF course, your taking things slow, and you seem very responsible.

As far as having an '03, thats an awesome bike, dont feel bad. The fact that you will put it back together with your own hands will make it feel that much more like your own bike. Welcome to the site, its the best motorcycle forum on the web!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Looks like the bike already has some nice parts on it..Two bros exhaust and the comp werks fender elim..Nice..The forks look a little bent in..Maybe its just the picture..You should be able to get that thing back up and running for pretty cheap..Don't buy new stock honda fairings, that will drain the wallet pretty quick..

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
welcome to .net its a drug get use to it youll be spending plenty of time on here.... and ride safe and where your gear

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
welcome and looks like you got some work ahead of you! enjoy your stay !

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Smart guy! Started small and took the MSF. Very very smart! Can't wait to see what she looks like when you're done. Make sure to post pics!

Oh and Welcome to the site!! :hello:

C

·
0 Posts
You'll be so stoked with the 600rr. How much do you weigh? Dial the suspension in before you ride it. Plastics are simple to install. Welcome and have fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the welcoming feedback. I'm really looking forward to getting her up and running, although weather here in the Northwest isn't going to do anything to help me for the next few months.

cvlighthouse, I weigh 165, and know very little about fine tuning the suspension. I'll gladly take your's and anyone else's thoughts on it. I'll be searching the forum for some good threads.

Thanks all.
Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts