Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people....I am new to this bike scene and I want to learn evrything there is to learn.....I just have a few questions hope you guys can help me out

1. diamond lowering springs- do these springs lower the front and the back??

2. Fender eliminater- All it is.. is to tuck your license in so it dont stick out????? ( is that the purpose?

3. Are bike hard to maintain? ( is it is a same as a car?

Thats all I can think of right now......

Heck I dont even have a bike yet but Candy Blue RR...very vey soon.....

I know I sound like such a noob.......but hope someone can answer some of my questions......

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
1. never heard of them
2. yep, cleans up the appearance.
3. fairly easy with basic mechanical skills.

welcome to the website and motorycle world - spend about 60 hours reading the messages on the board and you'll be on the right track.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the quick reply...I should be more specfic......I mean the diamond supreme powersport or some thing like that springs....

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
hi importz. welcome to the club. obviously you're from the car world. there aren't really lowering springs for sportbikes like there are on ricer cages. on a bike, the diamond powersports lowering LINKS actually change the mounting points of the rear shock to lower the rear. on the front end, you can drop the fork legs through the triple clamp. both of these will significantly affect bike handling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
generally, raising or lowering the rear isn't done at all on street bikes unless you're aiming at lowering it JUST enough to allow a shorter or inseam challenged rider to comfortably get both feet on the ground at a stop.

like Simonster mentioned, slight changes to the rear or forks will result in drastic changes in the steering characteristics of the bike, and should be avoided unless you know what you're doing.

lowering a bike is also quite risky as you run into ground clearence problems, along with the hassle of having to properly lower the front with adjustments to spring rates, and also shortening of the kick stand (if you want to maintain "factory" handling specs)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for all your reply...the reason i wanna lower the bike is to feel more comftable on it...I dont want to race or do corners at 40 miles an hour....so i dont think the handling will effect me much...what do you guys thinks......oh i forgot to ask....the diamond supreme product so it willadjust the front and the back or just the back......on there website it dont give too much info....

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
i think it will still make a big difference in handling, and may actually make the thing tougher to steer since you're changing the geometry. the best way to learn how to ride and get your confidence up is to take an MSF course. after that, you may not feel the need to change the ride height.

if, even after MSF, you feel like you want to lower the bike for confidence, maybe just shave the seat so you're not completely cocking up how the bike works.

·
Registered
544 Posts
how tall are you? cuz im only 5'6" and i fit on the rr just fine!!! there is no reason for you to get an rr if you want to be comfortable? if you want comfort and low you should look at the zx-6r, or R6 2003-2004 of course!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ hi i am 5'8.....i want my feet to be solid on the ground ( i would feel more safe).....Yes I sat on the gixxer.. r6.. ninja you name....the r6 does feel nicer but still....the blue RR.....OMG so so very nice...

·
Registered
127 Posts
You don't need to lower the bike, I'm 5'9" and have more than enough reach. You definately need to spend alot of time on the forum reading everything and then all of your questions will be answered. You would have to be crazy to take a corner at 40 mph anyays hehe. If you survive the first month you want to take corners at 140 because it's so easy. Nice looking girl, can we have some more pics?

·
Registered
383 Posts
You dating Tila Nguyen.

Judging by the phot shopped pic on the left. I don't think so but hey stranger things have happened.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts