Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I have always been into cars, I have a 2000 Black on Black Ws6 trans am with over 500hp on spray and close to 400 at the wheels NA, I have always been into cars, and a little in to bikes.
I had dirt bikes when i was younger, and my friend let me take his CBR600 out a couple times, Honestly I wanted a gsxr 750 but after riding a cbr600 i figured i would try to find one. Well now since i am looking to buy a bike in the next couple weeks I figured i would be open minded looking for a Gsxr 600 or 750, A cbr600RR, or R6. Knowing i am new i did not want to go Crazy with a 1k so i figured i would stay with a 600 or highest 750 bike. I am not small that i am 1 inch shy of 6 foot and around 190lbs.

Well after searching I narrowed it down to this single bike and i am trying to plan a trip to go see it in person and buy it (it is 200 miles away) and just need a week to get the rest of the money. I am looking for Opinions and any help or just what people think

Let me know what you think And what you think I should Pay for this bike this is the info on the bike.
"I am selling a 2006 Honda 600rr. 13000 miles. repsol synthetic oil changes, every 3000, Yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust, HID headlights, led turn signals, smoked tail light, vortex sprockets with DID chain just installed last fall, -1 front +1 back, not even 500 miles on them. fender eliminator. New tires just installed last spring, maybe 1000 miles on the tires. Bike was used mainly for my 70 mile daily commute, and some weekend cruising, has also seen many bike shows. also have a box of misc parts that go with sale."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get a cheap used bike and get used to riding on the street. After a few months consider a nice 600RR. You don't want to hurt yourself or drop a nice clean bike.

The bike in the pics looks ok but where are the mirrors? Is that fairing factory standard or are there some decals missing? If so, why? Was it dropped? Does he have receipts that show the oil changes? If not, why? etc...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Does he have an asking price? ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since i have ridden when i was a kid with dirt bikes, and My friend has let me take his bike out and i never have any problems, So i figure i will get my own.

As for the sideview mirrors and all the other orig parts, He still has them and they are coming with the bike,and he does have reciepts for the bigger things.
It was never dropped or Damaged either. And he took off all the well Ugly decals i think But thats just me....
The reason for selling is that he needs the money and cant afford to pay the payments on the bike still, and could use some extra money for bills. He is asking 5k right now. Is that a good deal or should i talk him down??

·
Registered
33 Posts
u mentioned he cant afford to keep paying for the bike, is it on finance???

If it is and he sells it to you then unless he pays what is left on the bike first I wouldn't buy it, if he has not settled what he owes then u are going ot be left with the outstanding balance on the bike! Which could well be more then your are paying for it.

I would recommend getting the bike checked first, it costs about twenty quid online and you just type in the reg no: it will tell you EVERYTHING about the bike including the insurence side (if its been written off etc)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u mentioned he cant afford to keep paying for the bike, is it on finance???

If it is and he sells it to you then unless he pays what is left on the bike first I wouldn't buy it, if he has not settled what he owes then u are going ot be left with the outstanding balance on the bike! Which could well be more then your are paying for it.

I would recommend getting the bike checked first, it costs about twenty quid online and you just type in the reg no: it will tell you EVERYTHING about the bike including the insurence side (if its been written off etc)
The guy is on the Ls1 Forum, and he has been very nice answered my Million questions and Today he is sending me a video of it starting and a small rev. With a walk around, He got the Honda Credit Card when he purchased it and told me he owes 3k on the bike still, And He told me if I want I Can give him a put down 3k On the bike so he can pay it off and get the title So when i come down to pick it up and pay the rest he would have the title In hand.
He was going to see if there was a way to transfer the payments so i could just pay him the money he wants for the bike and just make the payments and have it paid off in a month or two, because i still need two weeks to get the rest of the money. And what is the website or name i can check everything about the bike. Is it like a CARFAX?

·
Registered
115 Posts
the only way you would really be able to tell if he wrecked it if the title was a salvage title. he doesnt have to say he wrecked it if everything is fixed, thats one bad thing about buying used

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The guy is on the Ls1 Forum, and he has been very nice answered my Million questions and Today he is sending me a video of it starting and a small rev. With a walk around, He got the Honda Credit Card when he purchased it and told me he owes 3k on the bike still, And He told me if I want I Can give him a put down 3k On the bike so he can pay it off and get the title So when i come down to pick it up and pay the rest he would have the title In hand.
He was going to see if there was a way to transfer the payments so i could just pay him the money he wants for the bike and just make the payments and have it paid off in a month or two, because i still need two weeks to get the rest of the money. And what is the website or name i can check everything about the bike. Is it like a CARFAX?
Today he is sending me a video of it starting and a small rev.=You don't know how old the video is.

He told me if I want I Can give him a put down 3k On the bike so he can pay it off and get the title=That's taking a big chance especially if you don't even know the guy!

You don't buy a bike until you have cash in hand or have entered a legal agreement on a loan. Working shady shyt out on the side almost always ends in one party getting pissed off. Usually the bike ends up being sold to someone else and you have to take the guy to court to try to get your "deposits" back.

***Be damn sure to write up a well documented agreement concerning REFUNDABLE deposits. Otherwise, you may end up buying some dude's bike for him and not yourself!

·
Registered
655 Posts
To me...it doesn't sound like a bad deal and the asking price isn't that bad. Sometimes it is possible that you just land on a good deal and it isn't all a scam. I think you can tell a lot about a person by there communication and I think it is definitely worth a trip out. 5K isn't a bad price (considering the mods and all other variables). If he is desperate and ready to get rid of it, I'd offer 4500 and go from there. The bike looks clean, nice, and you may have a decent deal on your hands. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
See if the seller is going to include the original OEM parts that are not on the bike. For instance, I notice that there are no mirrors and the seller has mirror plugs installed. This is likely because he/she tracked the bike at one time? Do you know what the sticker on the front fork is for? Otherwise, the bike looks clean. Good luck on a good purchase with whatever you go with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See if the seller is going to include the original OEM parts that are not on the bike. For instance, I notice that there are no mirrors and the seller has mirror plugs installed. This is likely because he/she tracked the bike at one time? Do you know what the sticker on the front fork is for? Otherwise, the bike looks clean. Good luck on a good purchase with whatever you go with.
He has all of hte Oem parts and they are coming with the bike, Since i am new to riding on the street i was making sure the Mirrors were coming with it, because i will put them back on until i get more experience. He also has the stock exhaust and everything else.

The guy fell on some hard times and needs to pay some bills and cant pay the bike payment. He was going to see if the Loan is transferable if so i will just give him what he wants over the loan and make the payments and just pay it off in a couple months, or even the first or second month. The guy has been in GREAT communication, and he has an Amazing Trader Rating on the Fbody forum i am on. He has not had any bad feedback yet and had alot of sales.

I have his name and address and if i do want to put a deposit on it we will be writing up an agreement and he is going to send it to me in a Fax. And i am going to sign it and fax it back so we each have a Copy.

I was thinking about offering him 4200 and take it from there I will be going down with cash and i really do not want to go above 4500 but we will see when i get down there in a couple weeks.
Also Is 5k a good price for a 2006 Cbr, I know there is a decent amount of miles on it but but he does have the bike set up perfect and it seems like its exactly what i want and it looks just how i would want if i bought one stock. I love all the Flush Led Signals Smoked tail light the HIDs No sideview mirros Full Exhaust, Sprockets, and Black. If i bought a stock one i honestly would end up doing everything he has done to it.

***And in the video he shows the milage, it is right as he says and it showed the Date It was 7 Mins long of him walking around the bike showing EVERYTHING, He walked around very slow and got close ups of every part of the bike, Turned on the Head lights/High and Low, All the turn signals, Showed the milage, Brake Lights, Started it up, Reved it very lightly a couple times.***

1 - 11 of 11 Posts