Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Selena and Im from So Cal. I had a 96 CBR600F3 which I bought back in 2001. Been riding ever since. My dad taught me how to ride and used to ride himself, until recently. I just sold my bike in July and Im missing it terribly. I never rode any where except to work once in a while. My thing is hitting the canyons. I love just falling into a lean hanging off the bike. I plan on doing the tracks next year. Im planning on buying the 2007 CBR600RR. I've been reading up on them as much as I can so Im excited. Im basically here to read what all you guys have to say and get help and advice since I no longer have my dad to bug about things.

·
Registered
583 Posts
welcome to the site, and u will find alot of info here too. but be aware that a few guys here may start to drool over u since ur a girl. but enjoy and if u have any questions dont be scared to ask. from so cal too and definately should get a group together and hit the twisties.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site! You'll find this place has lots of good people and tons of information!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NewRedRider said:
Welcome to the forum cbr600girl!

It sounds like you're a smart rider and your father gave you a good start.
He gave me an awesome start. He paid for me to take the MSF course in 2001 and he even bought me my first riding jacket. Hes' been riding for many years. We both got back into bikes again in 2000. He had a Bandit, then a ZZr1200, then most recently a ZX14R in bright blue.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
welcome to the greatest site in the world!...lots of good people and info...

im also in the IE, where in the IE are you from?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome to the site. You have a good start it sounds like. And yes, watch out for the leg humpers.:hump::jerkit:

This truly is a great site with lots of info. Just ask or search!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the site ... lots of things to be learned from this place. Good luck with the 07 purchase and once you hit the track you'll be hooked. I know I was and now that's about all I ride.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
man you guys got cool parents...i wish my parents taught me how to ride (or werent opposed to me having the bike)...lol...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in Redlands, but work at March ARB in Mo Val. I love to hit nearby canyons like Big Bear, Idllywild,GMR all the way through Mt. Baldy. All the girls I ride with live in OC so of course I hit Ortega and other OC canyons. I have rode the Valley of Fire and Red Rock canyon in Las Vegas. You can see the chicks I ride with in my profile pic. All the girls in that pic all ride. Im the third one from the left in the white shirt. When I get my bike lets tear up the twisties! If I can last that long I may have to hit up sportbikerentals.com =)

As for the leg humping no biggie. I do it to girls and guys too, if they are hot!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eRRoc said:
man you guys got cool parents...i wish my parents taught me how to ride (or werent opposed to me having the bike)...lol...
Parents who ride are awesome. I cherish everything my dad taught me about bikes. It was an awesome bond my dad and I shared. He died 6 weeks ago in a motorcycle crash. To those who live in San Bernardino and Riverside counties probably heard all about it especially in the papers. It was pretty bad. I miss him very much. He was so special. He died doing what he loved, but he went to soon. Now he's not around to share my love of bike with any more.

Please ride safe people and watch out for those damn cagers!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Wow really sorry to hear about your dad, that has to hurt.

Welcome to the site, this is a great place to hang out. Waiting for your new bike will feel like an eternity....

C

·
0 Posts
So sorry to hear about your father. I hope that you feel comfortable here at 600rr.net and meet many new friends. There are a lot of so cal people here to share the joy of motorcycling with. Hopefully you have the bike in time to make it up to Laguna Seca for the Moto GP! Were talking about doing a big 600rr.net meet somewhere in Monterey the week before Moto GP.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Sorry about your Pops. :( Mine taught me everything about bikes. Ugh.

On a friendlier note, welcome to the site! YEAH! another woman!! WooHooo!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts