Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys? I've been riding motorcycles for 19 years starting out on a 25cc all the way to the beastly busa... I'm your common rider, racing dirtbikes as a kid making it to the A class...then amateur road raced in the liter class...I'm originally from TX but now stationed in CA...damn there's a whole lot of weird rules here...

I'm new to Honda and just recently got a 04 cbr600rr... I've been riding a 04 Suzi 1k for the past 7yrs but someone wanted it more than me and left me stranded 1000mi from home, this CBR was an offer I couldn't refuse...I'm a huge forum guy and hope to share and learn a lot from this one!

So here are the facts:

Garaged and Left Outside over 3 years of time
It started right up after being plugged into a 12v system
black smoke out of the pipe on idle and throttle...
black fluid that seems like water/carbon mixture...

To my knowledge the engine wasn't fogged while stored, I changed the oil and filter, and added a fresh tank of gas with sea foam... Is there something else I should do? I plan to purchase a battery on payday...How long do you guys think it will 'de-carbonize' and when should I start to worry?? TIA

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
welcome to the site bro, theres alot to learn here.
post some pics of your bike.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

its gonna need to be taken for a good ride, worst case really IMO, would be a faulty injector or fuel pump from the varsol (that use to be gasoline lol) rotting stuff out. but since it fired right up, i wouldnt worry too much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome back to riding and to Honda!

Get it to the shop fo sure for maintenance: chain; battery; brake fluid....that's if you cant do it yourself.

cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.