Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to riding and i must say i love it, i feel like i was meant to ride these monsters, but for some reason certain right hand turns i have problems making. i mean i dont drop the bike but i just feel uncomfortable making right turns sometimes. Does anyone else have this problem with making turns and not feeling comfortable and have some tips for me or is it something im just going to have to get used to over time?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Stay loose. If you want an idea of the basic technique head to borders or barnes and check out some of the sport riding books. The one by Lee Parks is a pretty good read, and helps show that bike set-up also determines a lot on how it handles.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I totally know what you mean. Back when I use to race pocketbikes right hand turns were way harder for me to get the bike over then left hand turns. Lots of seat time later i was able to throw the bike down on both sides, I recently started riding as well and I found the same thing on a sportbike. Each time I ride I feel more and more comfortable not only turning right but with the whole feeling in general so I'd say just keep on at it and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
First, turn your head and look where our want to go, not where you are going. Second, squeeze the tank with your knees, arch your back slightly, and use your back muscles to keep your weight off your hands.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I get the same feeling when trying to take right turns fast. I think it is because you are conditioned to taking left turns at lights, which makes it feel more natural.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
im new to riding and i must say i love it, i feel like i was meant to ride these monsters
That mentality is gonna get you hurt out there.

Keep your ego in check, man.

just sayin'...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been riding for a while now and still get that uneasy feeling when I reach a certain speed, turn or other situation. That feeling is what keeps me in check and alive. Listen to that inner voice and don't doubt it. Over time, you will be able to push it harder but it takes time. Don't over do it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont have a big ego on the subject of streetbikes but i just mean that ive been riding quads and my first time being on 2 wheels was on my 600rr and i feel more comfortable on this and confident on this then i did my quads.

im glad to see its not just me and i really do think its the idea that the throttle is on that side and so are the brakes. i guess with time is the best solution.

·
Registered
372 Posts
First, turn your head and look where our want to go, not where you are going. Second, squeeze the tank with your knees, arch your back slightly, and use your back muscles to keep your weight off your hands.
looking through the corner is the best advise i have ever been given and it helped me out alot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
countersteer just a little..
lean into the corner...
the bike is more stable the faster your going...
so make sure you have enough speed to keep the bike stable...
not to say you should try blasting throught corner cause the bike will handle better....
more like....
a lot of guys will slow down because they get an ustable feeling while cornering...
and this actually works against you as the bike wants to fall over the slower you are going...

give it time...countersteering was the key for me...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have been riding for a while now and still get that uneasy feeling when I reach a certain speed, turn or other situation. That feeling is what keeps me in check and alive. Listen to that inner voice and don't doubt it. Over time, you will be able to push it harder but it takes time. Don't over do it.

What if that inner voice is telling me to go faster, lean further, lift the front wheel, race that porche, light up the rear infront of that cop,, go for some beers, brandish that weapon, go pick up a prosti, etc... ?:five:
:beer: :flamethro

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.