Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all and what a great site.
My friends recently nick named me The Silver Bullet for two reasons; I just recently purchased a Silver 2008 600RR and I am probably a few years older than the average sport bike rider. I have been riding motorcycles since my dad first put me on a minibike at around the age of five. I went to dirt bikes until I got my drivers license. Since then I have been riding cruisers (read Harley Davidsons).
Though I am still a few years away from my "mid-life crisis", I wanted a new bike that was light, easy to ride, reliable and got good gas mileage. A friend of mines son had a CBR600RR and let me ride it. What a ride and I just had to have one.
Though it is my first experience on a sport bike and I have no experience on other brands or models, this has to be the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle. The power, acceleration, handling and braking is incredible.
Very soon after purchasing, I discovered your web site. The "How to's" are wonderfull. The down side is that now I have the modification bug. I have began to do a few things but you can imagine what my Christmas list looks like.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey old man...welcome aboard...
i just started racing last year at 42 years old...
so......enjoy the ride...

peace.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Welcome to the RR addiction

·
Registered
172 Posts
being older has its advantages. Have alot more money than say me (the college broke student) to mod the bike..because it is addicting..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts