Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my F4i was stolen about 2 weeks ago, and after much deliberation between getting an R6 or an RR, I think I have decided on an RR. My dealership has a nice shiny black tribal one sitting in the showroom, and it calls my name every time I drive by the dealership.

I talked with the sales ppl, and talked with Honda, and I'm going to be getting the following mods installed before I even drive it off the lot:

Yoshi RS5 Slip-on
PCIIIr
Corbin seats
Veypor datalogger
Vortex rearsets
Graves flushmounts
Competition Werkes Fender Elim.
Scorpio i500 alarm

Plus a cover and cable lock, gonna be strapping it to my car's back bumper...

Anybody think of anything else I could tack onto the loan and go ahead and get? I'm trying to keep the additional expense under $2500, if possible. Honda might have a cow if I added more than 1/3 of the bike's worth to the loan. ;) I'd love to do some detailing with reflective tape, but I think that'll be a work-in-progress.

As always, the loan will have GAP insurance, and the really screwy thing is, my regular insurance carrier, GMAC, provides $2500 in "upgrades" coverage. $150 deductible. Can't beat it with a stick.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Why don't you just finance the bike and save your money for the mods. It will take longer that way but at least you won't be paying intrest on the upgrades.

But to answer your question, frame sliders.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Black05rr said:
Why don't you just finance the bike and save your money for the mods. It will take longer that way but at least you won't be paying intrest on the upgrades.

But to answer your question, frame sliders.
I'm going to go with Black05rr here. You can save alot of money if you do the mods yourself and what you listed you can do in a weekend and still have time to ride it. Why pay the bank extra money.......

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Welcome mate, glad to have ya, and you'll LOVE the machine

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Camel Jockey said:
He probably lives paycheck to paycheck like many of us, so he may not have the opportunity to upgrade without tossing it into the loan.
That's exactly why I stated what I did, adding all that stuff to the loan will only make the monthly payments higher. Why not keep your payments low, save the extra and buy your mods intrest free. Plus some of those mods aren't hard to install but I'm sure the dealer isn't going to do it for free. It's your money and you can do what you want but if your looking to get the most for your dollar that's the way to do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's easier for me, as I do live paycheck to paycheck like a moron, plus I'm looking at the whole GAP thing. If the bike goes rubber-up for some reason, all of those mods are paid for by my insurance + GAP. If I didn't include them in the loan, GAP won't pay for them.

I dunno I'll probably end up riding this bike until I'm out of college, 4 years from now (nontraditional, military about to separate and go back to school), which means I've got plenty of time to work the loan down. One of the nice things about Honda financing is that you can specify wether you want to pay down the principle or the interest when you're making a payment. If you pay down the principle, the pay-off price lowers that much faster, meaning if I want to sell the bike, it's a lot more easily done.

I'm hoping this bike is the last one I'll need for a while. The rest of the mods I want to do to it are cosmetic and "looks", and I can do them myself.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Sounds like you have your financial situation figured out better than any of us can guess at. The RR is a great bike and it's a Honda so if you take care of it it'll last you a long time. There are plenty of good riders on here that race the RR so it's not something you can really grow out of. If you haven't taken the MSF course yet I would suggest doing that as it will teach you a lot about motorcycle control and may even help to lower your insurance rates a little. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Taken the BRC -and- ERC, and looking at becoming instructor certified before I leave for NY, so I can earn a little extra weekend money on the side while I'm up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts