Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been riding my entire life, was a harley mechanic while i was attending the University of Kansas. Yes, i still have and love my Harley, but i am a motorcycle fan, not just a harley fan. This is my 8th sport bike and i am interested in learning how to race, not to be the next Rossi, but for my own satisfaction. Any help with what schools to attend or other useful information would be greatly appreciated!

About me, i am a commissioned officer in the US Army, Black Hawk Pilot, combat veteran, currently a Senior Military Instructor at MU AROTC and former Fire Fighter.

v/r
Lindsey Davis

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
One way to get faster away from the track is to pick up a book, review riding techniques. When you get to the track you will have some context for the instruction.

I like Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch for an overview, and Performance Riding Techniques by Andy Ibbott for track/racing stuff. After that it's just practice practice practice. You're a pilot so you can appreciate that preparation and study will help.

see you out there.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hello,

I have been riding my entire life, was a harley mechanic while i was attending the University of Kansas. Yes, i still have and love my Harley, but i am a motorcycle fan, not just a harley fan. This is my 8th sport bike and i am interested in learning how to race, not to be the next Rossi, but for my own satisfaction. Any help with what schools to attend or other useful information would be greatly appreciated!

About me, i am a commissioned officer in the US Army, Black Hawk Pilot, combat veteran, currently a Senior Military Instructor at MU AROTC and former Fire Fighter.

v/r
Lindsey Davis
First, thank you for your service

Second, as mentioned, there are a number of great books to give you a solid push in the right direction, twist of the wrist by kieth code is a good one i hear

third, track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time track time, track time, track time, track time, track time

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
There is nothing you can read or hear that will teach you faster or more effectively than going out there and doing it.

Each track day setup has multiple rider experience levels. Get in the bottom one and don't look back. Learn for yourself, not from someone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.