Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm Doug

currently located outside St Louis MO.

I bought a non-working 2008 cbr600rr and am trying to bring it back to life.

currently dealing with no power to the ecu / ecm / cdi / pgm fi (appartenly this things goes by alot of names.) ...

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi and Welcome!!!

To fix bike, get wiring diagram and measure every junction from battery through ignition switch through fuses to ECU. Where power stops shows problem is between that spot and previous one you measured. DON'T replace any parts until you'ved confirmed it's bad from testing and measuring. :)

Reactions: Mr.Cannon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank dannoxyz

little back story, bought it in unknown condition only that it wouldn't work. ended up being as simple as a fuel pump and fresh battery. got it running and took it out for a test ride and blew a head gasket. tore it apart changed it and put it back together. and now I am where I'm at now.

bought a manual and feel like I'm chasing my tail. literally spent days chasing wires.

please tell me, when you turn the ignition on, the FI light should come on momentarily right? (currently, it does not, but if I jump pin A20 to ground on the 33P black connector it will light up)

in the manual page 6-78, I've done these tests and it is indicating the ECM is faulty. being damn near a $1,000 part I'm trying to find something else wrong. (I did already buy a used one "in working condition" off eBay and it didn't fix it.)

I dunno?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome! Since you've had it running, then took it apart, and now have apparent electrical issues that's where I'd focus first. Simple things like grounds, loose connections, sensors unplugged, and things of the sort. If you have access to another same gen CBR you could take photos of everything on that bike that you touched to do your repair then compare the photos to your own bike. It's not likely you fried the ECM unless you did something monumentally bad and you sound more mechanically inclined than most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts