Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New track is in the process of being built right now. It's a 2.5 mile course that will be in Gallatin County, KY. It is off of 127 right off interstate 71. It will be down by the spring and first trackday will be in late april early may they are sayin. Anyone from around KY that would be interested? Also what to watch or on brand new tracks? Pros and Cons?

Edit not 2.5 its 3.54 just read that.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
New track is in the process of being built right now. It's a 2.5 mile course that will be in Gallatin County, KY. It is off of 127 right off interstate 71. It will be down by the spring and first trackday will be in late april early may they are sayin. Anyone from around KY that would be interested? Also what to watch or on brand new tracks? Pros and Cons?

Edit not 2.5 its 3.54 just read that.
Is that the Bluegrass?

1000RR.net is looking at booking it for a weekend end mid next year!

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
STT already has days booked for April 11-12. There is also a video on youtube of a corvette doing a slow lap on the new pavement, but paving is not finished.

FWIW the website is www.drivebluegrass.com. The name of the track is Bluegrass Motorsports Park.

It's also 42 miles from my house ;)

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Also, it is 2.5 miles. The 3.5 mile configuration is not going to be the opening configuration. There is 6 planned layouts, the 2.5 mile layout will be the one that is running next spring.

·
Registered
417 Posts
STT already has days booked for April 11-12. There is also a video on youtube of a corvette doing a slow lap on the new pavement, but paving is not finished.

FWIW the website is www.drivebluegrass.com. The name of the track is Bluegrass Motorsports Park.

It's also 42 miles from my house ;)
wow! that would put a huge smile on my face haha! shoot.. i have to plan a whole weekend and take a monday off of work to make it a successful track day event.

san diego needs a track BAAAAAD!

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
wow! that would put a huge smile on my face haha! shoot.. i have to plan a whole weekend and take a monday off of work to make it a successful track day event.

san diego needs a track BAAAAAD!
I've been paying my dues and driving 6-8 hours for good tracks :icon_lol:

And I don't have any sympathy for you, I mean it must be a real pain to have perfect riding weather 365 days a year and have a half dozen good tracks in your state !!

·
eatin tires
127 Posts
Looking forward to that STT date in the spring. Wouldn't miss it for anything. My rounds for the last few years have been Beaverun, Barber, Jennings (in the winter) and Putnam, Putnam and more Putnam. I wont no what to do with a track that's only an hour from home. I know......... I'll buy some parts from cozye with the hotel and fuel money saved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see I see. I have read quite a few thing about it and can't wait. Hopefully my bike will be ready and I will get some nice leather that fits good. I will be there regaurdless due to the fact that it is only 28 miles from me. Northern KY up here. I can't wait.

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
yea, some dudes from my local forum went down there and got some pics too...it's going to be awesome and I'm stoked stt got contract...i'll def be down there at least 1 time this next season!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You should drive down for sure! The direction you are heading you need to get used to driving 9 hours to tracks anyway :icon_lol:
I know man. The mid atlantic area has me spoiled. so many tracks within 5.5 hours. Definitely lookin forward to tearin it up with you soon Eric. I'll be makin' some road trips this year to expand my horizon...............Barber, Road ATL, Jennings, Maybe calabogie.........:toothy4:

This has season will probably be my last good one for a while. Its hard to get time off when your a rookie LEO in Baltimore

·
Registered
709 Posts
If I undertand it right, STT has signed an excusive deal with Bluegrass to be the only ones providing motorcycle trackdays. So, I dont think NESBA will be getting in on the action.

I could be wrong, but based on the article and reading Monte's comments, that is what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.