Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://zx6r.com/zx6r/30080-new-kawasaki-zx-6r-2013-a.html

Check that out. Looks very probable, according to some of the things I was reading they are returning to 636cc motor. The ZX6R already puts out highest HP numbers of the 600's, with an increased motor size the new ZX6R might be smoking all the other 600's in terms of power.

Lets hope honda steps their game up as well!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, ive ridden a 2012 ZX6R and was very impressed with it. the Motor on it was incredible, didnt handle as well as the CBR but awesome bike all around! Supposed to have TC added as well and i'm sure a slew of other electronics that come stock.

·
Registered
827 Posts
did that say 130hp at the wheel?

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Looks like they just photshopped a ZX-10R and a ZX-6R together. Don't really like it honestly since it's just a smaller cc version of the ZX-10R looks wise. Like Ducati with their previous line up from 848 to 1198. I like it when each bike has it's own individual look.

I'm skeptical of the 130 HP claim. As far as I recall, supersport bikes usually range in the 130 HP range and those motors are far from practical as a daily driver. Either way, it's all just speculation until Kawi does an official release and that doesn't happen until October usually. Sometimes later. Which should be around the time we hear about the 2013 600RR.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet the 130 HP is at the crank. there is no way 36cc is goign to give it a 22 HP increase. Most stock ZX6R's are dynoing around 107-109 depending on conditions and stuff. the 750 only doesnt even get to 130 at the wheel!

My guess is actual dyno rear wheel numbers will be around 110-112 hp mark depending on what they do to it. either way it will give it an advantage over the other 600's

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts

10R

Looks ok i suppose, i find all the kawi's look alike:p Man i cant wait to see what Big Red has up there sleeves, was looking at the 1K on the wkend, right beside it was a 2012 six, i was like "man they need a makeover"

·
Registered
36 Posts
That white ZX looks slick I can't lie..

I'm hoping for something new from Honda as well..Kawasaki has been consistent in design updates over the years.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I will be seriously disappointed in Honda this year if they don't do any modifications to the 600rr. The Fireblade will just have more colors added.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts