Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when u guys are taking off /launching from a dead stop, what rpm range r u at for just everyday driving? Just curious to see what rpms u guy leave a dead stop at... thanx Tommy

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think mine is around 2-2.5k. I went outside to check and I think it is about right. But thats for me. Some may be higher or lower than that.

C

·
0 Posts
atl350z said:
For around town... basically anything that doesn't stall the bike and feels smooth. I can't say that I have actually looked, since it is more instinct than anything else.

I can tell you for certain that I do not launch at anything higher than 10k. :D
+1

·
Registered
379 Posts
depends on if you want to wheelie off the light or NOT lol most of the time 2.5 to 4 k, don't pay attention as above just instinct

·
Registered
140 Posts
After riding for a while you don't look down at your tac. I just go by sound. Just do what feels comfortable, you'll get the hang of it in no time. :thumbup:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
monkey said:
I think mine is around 2-2.5k. I went outside to check and I think it is about right. But thats for me. Some may be higher or lower than that.
+1

Jason

·
Registered
97 Posts
I launch at 500 rpm, let it stall, start it up, then do that 3 more times....then I drop it at about 9k...

lol, jk, 2-2.5k sounds about average.

Mike

·
Registered
892 Posts
try not to be over mechanical about it, but to start, go with the suggestions given, but at the same time, try to get the "feel" of what you are doing, so that it becomes an action and not a process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts