Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03RR and my brother knocked it over in the driveway. are the 04 plastics the exact same, because i am thinking i might buy a blue set. thank you, sorry for the dumb question.

U

·
0 Posts
Yes they are. Colors are different, that's all. They will fit, if that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
New set? For a driveway knockover? How much damage was there?

Full set of plastics in excellent/mint condition will run you at least $1500 on Ebay, and easily $2000 new.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
quasi888 said:
New set? For a driveway knockover? How much damage was there? Full set of plastics in excellent/mint condition will run you at least $1500 on Ebay, and easily $2000 new.
that's a good question....

however if you have your heart set on blue... definately get the sharkskin street set and have it panted. it'll be a lot cheaper than going with the OEM plastics... and you'll have a one of a kind RR... :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
SDCBR600RR said:
beat his ass, then make him buy you new ones.
Agreed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well your still looking at over $1000.00 to replace just what has been broken. I know I'm doing the same thing right now. Whatever you go with do your self a favor.....come up with the money for a set of HIDs and install them while your plastic is off. They are well worth the 393.75 and may save your life?

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OldDude2,
are you using OEM parts or aftermarket plastics?

if he replaced them with sharkskinz plastics it would only cost, before paint, $728 for street uppers, street lowers, and street tankcover...
with opp plastics, before paint, it would be $580 for uppers, left mid, right mid, lower, and tank cover...

SOCAL600,
since you have to replace some of the bodywork, you might as well go with aftermaket bodywork for front of the bike, and if you plan on doing a lot of trackdays or race on that bike, with either sharkskinz or opp, all you need to switch out is the upper to a race upper and you've got race plastics :bounce: , minus the stock tail of course...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personaly like the original look so if your not paying and you're not particularly fond of the individual that's paying for the parts hehehe........ :twisted: get what you want original or aftermarket!!! ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts