Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be doing the NewB style track day at JenningsGP again on Saturday March 11, 2006. All the info is HERE Hope to see some 600.net folks again :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I am doing Georgiasportbikes.com's newbie trackday Jan. 20th down there and am 99% sure I'm going to do this one as well now... Thanks for posting up the info so much ahead of time so I can make sure to get everything planned...

Hopefully it'll give me a chance to meeet some fellow members...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
froggie3kb said:
I am doing Georgiasportbikes.com's newbie trackday Jan. 20th down there and am 99% sure I'm going to do this one as well now... Thanks for posting up the info so much ahead of time so I can make sure to get everything planned...

Hopefully it'll give me a chance to meeet some fellow members...
Have fun with Bloke in Jan. He does a really good job. Hope to see you in Mar.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those who can't play on the weekend, I think Jetblast is doing one on the following Monday and Tuesday as well ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
2wheeltours said:
Have fun with Bloke in Jan. He does a really good job. Hope to see you in Mar.
Yea i'm excited, cant wait to get out there in Jan... I have a feeling i'm going to be hooked and doing atleast 1 trackday a month after I get out there on the 20th of next month lol. Thanks man, as long as nothing happens to me or the bike I will be out there in March as well lol, and as long as I like Jennings enough next month to make the LONG journey... I'm just glad the woman is being supportive so far of my "wants" for this year and trying to budget in quite a few trackdays...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, just a reminder to sign up asap as we had a bunch of folks that got left out by waiting until the last minute last time. :(

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to let you know, Jetblast has offered his services to help me by control riding. He'll be down there for the weekend, Monday, and Tuesday. Can't wait to get down there and ride with ya man.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
froggie3kb said:
Yea i'm excited, cant wait to get out there in Jan... I have a feeling i'm going to be hooked and doing atleast 1 trackday a month after I get out there on the 20th of next month lol. Thanks man, as long as nothing happens to me or the bike I will be out there in March as well lol, and as long as I like Jennings enough next month to make the LONG journey... I'm just glad the woman is being supportive so far of my "wants" for this year and trying to budget in quite a few trackdays...
Looks like I'll be down there next Friday as well. Look foward to meeting ya.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanted to wait until I was sure what the give away items were going to be for this before I said anything. So here they are:

1 XT lap Timer with 6 foot cable
1 Pit-Bull rear stand with spools
1 Brembo Radial Master Cylinder
5 sets of Spider grips
Assorted hats and t-shirts from our sponsors

Figured that might add to the excitement :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
bumpdiggity!
If you haven't gotten ahold of Mike about the trackday yet what are you waiting for? Can't wait to be there and see everyone again!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
unfortunately, i believe i will still be in the process of moving and gettin settled while this is happening...which really sucks, woulda been the perfect time to first get out on the track

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I may be interested. 2 questions

What qualifications do I need to present to qualify for the intermediate group?

I have a helmet that has been damaged, but I have a WO from Arai stating that they inspcted thehelmet and that it is ok. Will that pass tech?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wolley said:
I may be interested. 2 questions

What qualifications do I need to present to qualify for the intermediate group?

I have a helmet that has been damaged, but I have a WO from Arai stating that they inspcted thehelmet and that it is ok. Will that pass tech?
Dude, sorry I missed this. I'm not getting emails of replies for some reason. No qualifications need to be presented. If you've done a few track days, go ahead and sign up. We like to make 1 group of the day a little more open. Gives the ones who signed up for a Novice group that are really too fast for it a place to move up to so we can keep folks with the same abilities together. Plus it lets those that can ride at the faster pace from being held up and keep the ones who need the slower pace from feeling pushed. We want everybody to ride at a comfortable "to them" pace, but want to make it as fun for everybody as possible.

Arai knows more about their helmets than I do, so it works for me. Plus, you're the one wearning it, not me :). This go around, tech will be held more like a Jennings regular track day....you do it. We'll check for taped up stuff, mirrors, tags, etc., but the rest is everyones own responsibility. We'll help you if you need it, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2wheeltours said:
I wanted to wait until I was sure what the give away items were going to be for this before I said anything. So here they are:

1 XT lap Timer with 6 foot cable
1 Pit-Bull rear stand with spools
1 Brembo Radial Master Cylinder
5 sets of Spider grips
Assorted hats and t-shirts from our sponsors

Figured that might add to the excitement :)
FYI, if we don't sell out, I won't be able to do the good give away stuff (Brembo, Pit-Bull, and XT):(

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only 1 spot left in "A". Still plenty in "B" and Int.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts