·
Registered
526 Posts
yes it will, first gear about 8000rpm let off quickly then floor it

·
Registered
672 Posts
silver_bullet_cbr said:
power wheelies are just asking for a loop learn how to clutch it up and cover the rear brake.

Who here has looped a power wheelie i just want to know?

I still power first and clutch second, but im not pro and still chash BP

No i have personaly seen a freind loop his bike clutching it.(was in first thought it was second)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should have prefaced that, newbie to THIS board, and newbie to wheelies;

I have plenty of experience on a bike. Just finally have the nads to start doin wheelies, and the F3 needs to be clutched, I just thought power wheelies might be easier.

Ive been seriously considering finding a 600rr for the trackdays next year. I just wondered if the RR would do a power wheelie, good to hear that it will, that damn thing must be fuggin sweet, thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
cover the rear is for long range. when u start out, u wont use it right. if things go bad, close the throttle. accelerate to 35 kill it and get back on it.. it will crest the first couple of times. dont rush it. only stunt at a stunt spot or a empty road (private) til u get used to the feeling.. after awhile, u'll do the regrip like i do when u kill it.. in fact heres a link...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466&q=label:how+to+endo+a+motorcycle

if u gonna practice, talk to people, not the forum. u need real time feed back, some1 who will tell u and show u.. no offense to the forum, but i doubt u gonna live webcam us wait for us to tell u what that pass looked like.. be safe.. take your time.. i got more links just pm me..

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
lol np bro. im still gettin um back.. thats y i have wheelie wednesday. i figure every week ill try and go alil longer, alil higher.. i clutch and power. but just keep up the baby steps.. my friend looped his 2 wks ago trying to impress the stunters at the spot.. idiot..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am no hurry to impress anyone, including myself, I LOVE my ride to much to wreck it, thought, take it slow, get advice, and listen.

The video you sent was what sort of got me started wanting to do wheelies, he made it seem easy, but again, stressed baby steps.

Nice to meet ya bro, you have to be an ok dude, you like bikes, and Family guy, ggeeeez next youre gonna tell me ya like Hot women and cold beer or something

·
Registered
525 Posts
TtK53 said:
Who here has looped a power wheelie i just want to know?

I still power first and clutch second, but im not pro and still chash BP

No i have personaly seen a freind loop his bike clutching it.(was in first thought it was second)
ive seen a few guys loop em just becuase they are not covering the rear brake and they freak when it jumps, im not saying it wont loop on clutch but ive seen more people loop on power wheelies but go with what makes you comfortable if thats what you want and try talking and hanging with some people that have RR's gear up and be safe

·
Registered
672 Posts
silver_bullet_cbr said:
ive seen a few guys loop em just becuase they are not covering the rear brake and they freak when it jumps, im not saying it wont loop on clutch but ive seen more people loop on power wheelies but go with what makes you comfortable if thats what you want and try talking and hanging with some people that have RR's gear up and be safe

i think it is more that people just starting power and after you get better you start to cluch.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
silver_bullet_cbr said:
clutch wheelies r soooo violent.. power is pretty smooth.. u wanna gradute to clutch but start with power.. its easier to learn and when u do a baby 1 for 50ft u feel awesome, but a really high 11 oclock clutch will scare the piss out of u.. (seen that happen) power til u learn throttle control. atleast.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mister Dirt said:
clutch wheelies r soooo violent.. power is pretty smooth.. u wanna gradute to clutch but start with power.. its easier to learn and when u do a baby 1 for 50ft u feel awesome, but a really high 11 oclock clutch will scare the piss out of u.. (seen that happen) power til u learn throttle control. atleast.
when i was learning i thought power's were alot more un-predictable when i would bounce sometimes it would come up a little and other times it was jumping i'm sure most of that was my technique but i feel more comfortable with clutch, again just something that preference and technique with the individual.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I remeber when we were out practicing wheelies (found out I can't do them for jack squat) and a buddy of mine looped his ratty old f2... let me say that again he LOOPED and F2! Lets just say he was fine and had the biggest **** eating grin on his face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mister Dirt said:
I am going to have to disagree with this. I find that clutch wheelies are much easier to control and less risk of going over backwards than a power wheelie. They are also at a lower speed, so if you do go down, its not going to be AS bad, but its still going to suck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts