Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I'm pretty sure this summer I'll be getting an 08 600RR new. There's a dealer near me that still has a couple. After reading the comparison on the front page I don't really want an 09. I'm not really new to forums as I have an 09 Rally Yellow Chevy Cobalt SS and am on the related forums all the time. I got on those about 2 months before I got my car so I'll be around here a bit doing the same thing most likely.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to dotnet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I've been around this kinda stuff most of my life so I'm not a total newb. I grew up riding a CR80 then moved up to a CR125. After that I jumped over to 4 wheels and started racing a 400EX. I have ridden several street bikes so it won't be too big of a deal switching to street, but I really wanna get back on 2 wheels. My stepdad has an 03 954RR but he wont let me ride it til I get my license and wont let me use it to get my license so I'm at a standstill til I get my own ride.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
sounds good man. welcome to dotnet.
i always wanted a cr80 when i was a kid

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was pretty fun. I lived on a farm so we had our own custom built MX track right next to our house. It had tight whoops, tall whoops that were more like doubles, a 60ft tabletop, 30ishft doubles and a few other fun things. It was definitely a way to kill time between checking cows and doing homework.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
why not an 09? maybe ill go read the front page article. im totally happy with mine

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The motorcycle.com 600cc comparison ranked the CBR 3rd. The first time in years that it hasn't won in it's class. It dropped from 105hp to 97hp too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts