Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows everyone, I'm a new member from San Jose, CA. I have an 05 600rr and love it. I am getting it ready for my ride down to MotoGP next weekend. I have a question I was hoping you guys can help me out with. I've used the search feature but was wondering. When changing the radiator coolant...

1.Do I premix the coolant and distilled water before filling the radiator?
2.When burping the radiator, do I add water or coolant, to the radiator or coolant res. tank?
3.And is it ok to add some water wetter to this mix?

I've always done my own maint. on my bikes except for this. I havent had any problems with my bike over heating but I feel that latley its been running a little hot, about 220ish on the street with the weather being in the mid 70's. When I first bought the bike the weather was a little higher and the bike was running a little cooler. Any help on this would be great, thanks. See you guys at GP!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcom to the forum! If you are in stop-and-go traffic, the temperature will get to about 220, at which point you should hear the fan kick-on. There is probably nothing wrong with your coolant. Gratz on the purchase!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the board. so youre gonna ride down from SJ? you are going to have one sore @$$ sir. good luck

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you will be addicted my friend to 600RR .NET and 600RR the bike welcome aboard

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi my name is Alxandrthegr8 and i am a 600RR.net aholic, and a 600RR aholic, I cant stop writing or riding. welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
yeah..like that all had said..welcome ..

my gets to 225 in stop and go traffic all the time..it gets to about 95 degrees here in Fresno so I'm not too worry about it..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
glad to be onboard, LOVE the bike!!! and i'll be leaving coolant alone. I have 760 miles. I was worried for a while but after researching the topic on this site I guess its normal. But I will be doing my oil/filter change this weekend along with chain clean/lube and adj. just to prep it up for the ride to MotoGP. I already rode down to Laguna Seca once and my a$$ was hating me, but this is what we go thru for the love of the sport. Once again, glad to be onboard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts