Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys/girls. My name is Mike, I ride an 06 600RR. I have had it about a year now and I love it more and more everyday. I had an 02 ZX7r, really don't compair.

I have been riding for a few years now, but just recently started working on the bikes. At first they were pretty intimidating to work on, but I'm getting past that with the help of fellow riders and enthuziests.

I came to this post to ask an important question about installing my two brothers m2 V.A.L.E. bolt-on. Specificallly if it was necessary to keep the undertail (top) heat sheild on it. I got the carbon fiber one hoping that would save some heat from damaging the bike... was I mistaken? The directions that came with the system has you putting them back on. But it looks like crap.

Anyone who has done this would be helpfull for your input. Any damage from not installing the shield... burns, melting, etc. Or any recomendations on how to keep it safe without installing the top heat shield... like heat tape or something.

Anyway, look forward to putting my input to your questions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i've got some buddies who have that pipe and never had any trouble with the heat shield off, i believe its just an extra precaution to keep anything tragic from happening. btw, "the burg" is referring to which burg? bc if you mean st. petersburg florida u've got a lot of local riders including myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

By burg.. probably should have put an "h" at the end....as in Pittsburgh. But I appricate you asking, I'm always looking for ppl to ride with.

·
Banned
718 Posts
i've got some buddies who have that pipe and never had any trouble with the heat shield off, i believe its just an extra precaution to keep anything tragic from happening. btw, "the burg" is referring to which burg? bc if you mean st. petersburg florida u've got a lot of local riders including myself
wow :retard:

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to dotnet!

You can throw the heatshield in the trash, or frame it and hang it on the wall as art........:crackup:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Whats up guys/girls. My name is Mike, I ride an 06 600RR. I have had it about a year now and I love it more and more everyday. I had an 02 ZX7r, really don't compair.

I have been riding for a few years now, but just recently started working on the bikes. At first they were pretty intimidating to work on, but I'm getting past that with the help of fellow riders and enthuziests.

I came to this post to ask an important question about installing my two brothers m2 V.A.L.E. bolt-on. Specificallly if it was necessary to keep the undertail (top) heat sheild on it. I got the carbon fiber one hoping that would save some heat from damaging the bike... was I mistaken? The directions that came with the system has you putting them back on. But it looks like crap.

Anyone who has done this would be helpfull for your input. Any damage from not installing the shield... burns, melting, etc. Or any recomendations on how to keep it safe without installing the top heat shield... like heat tape or something.

Anyway, look forward to putting my input to your questions.
Welcome. If you ever up north in erie let me know we can meet up. i havent seen many people on here from around the western pa area. good luck with the pipe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the pipe and it will be fine without the heat shield... mine pushes up on my integrated taillight and doesn't do any damage at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts