Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am very new to this forum since I don't have a 600RR. I currently ride an SV650S. :wave:

I have the opportunity to get a white 600RR, 1,000 miles, excellent condition bike in NorCal. Problem is that the guy is asking well over Kelly Blue Book retail. Does this color generally command a premium?

Thoughts on the used value for this? Different geographical regions price differently, so I am hoping for thoughts from California.

Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
White is sorta rare, but it's amazing some of the ridiculous prices some guys ask on the net. I sold my GSX-R1000 a month or so ago and I regularly saw guys trying to sell, and I stress trying, to sell 600's for more than I was asking.

Make him a more reasonable offer, see if he'll take it. Also search around and see what others are selling them for, to get a better idea than blue book.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah if theres a considerate amount of mods done to it then it might be worth it but if hes just got a FE kit and a slip on tell him to go suck a big one!:bootyshak
what price is he asking exactly for it? I've seen a couple of white CBRs going for like 6500 to 7200 here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mods are minimal. Carbon fiber slip-on, Puig double bubble windscreen, FE kit.

He said he would take it to a local dealer to see what he could get. That might sober him up on the price.

Thanks for the San Diego prices. I am going to check Cycle Trader, etc. Craigslist had no good comps yesterday.

He is looking for $8200. I don't know where that prices comes from. :tard:

K

·
0 Posts
yow. 82?! wow. for 800 more you could get a brand new one, unmolested.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Probably comes from what he still owes. No way should you pay 8200.00 for a used 600 with bolt on mods. I would offer him 7k and if he says no, then look else where and a couple week down the road he will probably come back to you because no one would pay that in their right mind.

·
Registered
293 Posts
yeah i wouldnt do it.. there is a place by my place that has one for 6500 and will ship anywhere in the US for 495....

P.S. the white is a tight bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice so far. California is a bit different since we have a special version of bikes. :rolleyes: We can only bring in a used bike with a certain amount of mileage on the clock (something like 7500 miles).

So our bike market is always higher than the rest of the country. Having said that, I am considering what to offer. This year graffitti is $300 more than the other colors, so I wonder if white similarly had a $300 surcharge in 07 (just a different color, but maybe *the* 07 premium color). If so, then maybe that bumps up the price a bit.

No luck on local comps here in NorCal (one or two shady Craigslist scam posts aside).

K

·
0 Posts
the white was a standard color, it was just in very high demand, there was no premium charged to dealers for getting it.

a solution would to buy anything, sand it down and paint it white.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
WTF, Ive rarely seen the white in person. I had 3 different dealers laugh late last year when I said I wanted the white one. There werent as many produced in white but they were not a special edition. People ask more for them since they are harder to find. There is an ass for every seat.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Kelly Blue Book and NADA take into account your geographical location... That's why the online ones normally ask for your zip code...

Don't pay more that blue book for a used bike... Period, if something happens to it, that's about all you're going to get out of the insurance company...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I have not seen the bike yet and probably will pass on it. The guy lives two hours away. While the bike is supposed to be absolutely perfect, the seller remembers that he took some "white" fairing sticker off of the lower fairing because it was somehow stained. I thought the stickers were the silver, but he says that that part of the fairing is now all silver. I'll probably end up waiting for a leftover 08 or wait for the 09s. The white was appealing in perfect condition. With some of the fairing white sticker removed, the aesthetic appeal diminishes, and then colors like the 08 red or the orange (if they did the matching orange lower part of the fairing) becomes interesting. I like 600RR for the ride.

·
Registered
383 Posts
White plastic is always available.
Yup that's what I was thinking also.

Give him an offer. If he says no just go out and buy 07 who cares what color. Then buy the 07 Pearl white plastics for it. Price out the plastics first of course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts