Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - Hello 600RR community and my fellow SanDiego, OrangeCounty, LosAngeles area locals.

I just picked up my first bike - 2004 600RR 4 days ago and bought some gear yesterday. Needless to say, the ride is damn addictive.

But, I know to play it safe - took my MSF course. That makes me pro, right?

Newbie Question:

My bike came with no manual. Compared to my friend's Ninja, my bike doesn't seem to have:
- Hazard signals
- Throttle switch? (The one to adjust the give on the clutch?)
- Fuel shotoff switch?
- Any storage - Is there any for this bike? I don't know where to put the toolkit!

Are these supposed to be gone?

Sorry, I don't know if those are the formal names, but I can't find it for them for the life of me.

Also, any leads on threads for Newbies would be great.

I look forward to meshing with you guys and learning a lot from this forum!

-johnzie

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Newbie Question:

My bike came with no manual. Compared to my friend's Ninja, my bike doesn't seem to have:
- Hazard signals
- Throttle switch? (The one to adjust the give on the clutch?)
- Fuel shotoff switch?
- Any storage - Is there any for this bike? I don't know where to put the toolkit!

Are these supposed to be gone?

-johnzie
There are no hazards. I don't know what you are talking about adjusting the give on the clutch. You can adjust the cable, but that's it. There is no fuel shutoff switch on the bike. There is no storage except the tiny bit under the pass seat. The tool kit goes behind the right side fairing in a plastic box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are no hazard signals. Play with the clutch cable to adjust the clutch. Theres no fuel shutoff switch on my 05. Theres very little storage underneath the rear seat. Put your toolkit there if youwant.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome bro

1. there are no hazard signals for RR. Only left and rights.
2. I don't know what you exactly mean by throttle switch, you mean an adjuster on your clutch? or your throttle? If for the clutch there is none unless you buy aftermarket parts. I heard there is a way to adjust it by the right engine cover, but I don't know for sure.
The trottle freeplay adjuster is on the throttle line right in front of your right handle bar.
3. RRs don't have Fuel shutoff switch either (you mean the shut off switch with reserves and stuff right? RRs don't have reserves but it has a fuel gauge)
4. The tool kit goes into the tool box on your right side of the bike. Look under your right mid fairing. You will find it. You need your bike key to open the box tho. It's a pretty cool feature really.

I hope this helps.
Good luck with your RR bro. Respect it then it will respect you.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

With the toolkit storage - I saw a keyhole in the right fairing, but it seems like I need to pull the fairing a bit to get to it. I'll check for it in the morning.

Thanks for the tips fellas.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
With the toolkit storage - I saw a keyhole in the right fairing, but it seems like I need to pull the fairing a bit to get to it. I'll check for it in the morning.

Thanks for the tips fellas.
Yeah, you have to open the fairing. Use a quarter to open the big fastener on the side, and pop out the plastic tab on top and the fairing will open enough to get to the tool kit box. then use your key to open the box.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sick. also, i think i got a killer deal on my bike but my friends don't seem to be impressed.

04 red/black 600rr with 17K. Maint looks good - bought from a rider that lives in a houseful of guys who are seasoned. Some fairing scratches with clean title and was ridden down from OC to SD ~100 miles.

$3500

I do notice that the handle bar ends need to be replaced. One was missing and the other was twisted. Any idea how much they cost and which I should look for (if there are any different ones and where?)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think he meant the choke that some bikes have. Our bikes are fuel injected and don't need that old school choke carburated stuff. No fuel shutoff because again, its not carburated. Welcome to the site and have fun modding it out. I think that was a pretty good deal for your bike considering its CA.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sick. also, i think i got a killer deal on my bike but my friends don't seem to be impressed.

04 red/black 600rr with 17K. Maint looks good - bought from a rider that lives in a houseful of guys who are seasoned. Some fairing scratches with clean title and was ridden down from OC to SD ~100 miles.

$3500

I do notice that the handle bar ends need to be replaced. One was missing and the other was twisted. Any idea how much they cost and which I should look for (if there are any different ones and where?)
If the bike runs smooth and it is in good condition (the frames and fairings) with CLEAN title. I think it's a damn good deal. Especially in So Cal area. What are the upgrades on it?

The ends for the handle bar are not that expensive. Check ebay

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no upgrades. he did throw in a couple scratch marks on the fairings :evil3:

If the bike runs smooth and it is in good condition (the frames and fairings) with CLEAN title. I think it's a damn good deal. Especially in So Cal area. What are the upgrades on it?

The ends for the handle bar are not that expensive. Check ebay

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you want a clutch adjuster on the lever, get some Pazzo levers. They concensus seems to be they are worth the ~$120

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx i'll check them out. any others have reviews of those levers?

If you want a clutch adjuster on the lever, get some Pazzo levers. They concensus seems to be they are worth the ~$120

1 - 15 of 15 Posts