Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Like the title says, i'm new here (to posting at least, i've been reading the boards for quite some time).

I recently purchased an 05 tribal cbr600rr as my first bike (dons flame suit :flamethro: ), as well as an alpine stars tz-1 jacket, alpine stars sps gloves, and a shoei helmet. I have some sturdy boots that i plan on using for awhile, and i'm going to be ordering some jeans in a bit.

And so as luck would have it, the bike is still sitting here in my living room (yes, living room, i live in an apt, and won't chance it getting stolen...for now at least), with zero miles on it. I'm registered for the msf course in about 2 weeks and i refuse to touch my bike until then (well..i can touch it, just can't ride it :biggrin: ) as i honestly have no riding experience and i'm completely ignorant to motorcyles (except for what i've learned from here). But i'm taking all the proper measures to ensure that i'm off to a safe start.

If you guys have any tips or suggestions about the course and riding in general i'd greatly appreciate them, and i can't wait to get out there with you guys.

I live in the OC/Brea area right between brea mall and Cal State fullerton. I'm also a waiter at California Pizza Kitchen in the mall, so if any of you want to drop by for some pizza, ask for the filipino Ryan and i'd be more than happy to hook you guys up.

Thanks a lot, looking forward to riding with you all.

oh and one last question. When i brought it home, i started the bike in my car port (couldn't resist), and now it's been inside for about 2 weeks with about 2 gallons of fuel. Should i roll it out and run it for a few minutes? or should i wait till i'm ready to ride?

Ryan

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
aloha and welcome to the site - well, welcome to posting on the site anyways...

good for you for waiting to take the course before going out and riding. as for tips and such, just browse though the forums and start reading... there is a wealth of information on this site and plenty of people to help out!

good luck with the course and ride safe!!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
welcome aboard. i picked up mine new like 2 days after my MSF course last year. best advise is just take it slow and respect the machine. it will treat you as well as you treat it. don't ride over your head and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had no bike experience, and my RR is my first bike, so you should be fine. Like said above, just respect the bike, and don't ride outside your ability. Find an empty parking lot, and start learning. I still haven't been through the MSF course...just going off of street experience. It'll be hard for you to wait, so be careful.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Yea man, respect the bike when you finally do get on it.

As for the other question, Don't start it up just to let it run, probably won't hurt it but if your not gonna be riding it, I wouldn't start it up and let it run. They explained it in detail at some point, i would search but i'm to tired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts