Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello to all. Just picked up a brand new 06 600rr yesterday. Only one mile on the clock. Used my trailer to bring it home. Will take the first ride this morning.

I am a senior citizen, however, last year at 64 years old, I did my first trackday. Needless to say, I am now a full blown addict. 21 trackdays and still counting. Been slinging my trusty RC51 around the tracks, and I commute on my GSX R1000.

Need has come for a dedicated trackbike. My two choices were the 06 R6 and 06 CBR600rr. I am tall, 6'3" tall at, 139lbs. The CBR fits me a tad better.

For the next 3 or 4 trackdays, my RC51 will still be my weapon, but after that, the old man wants to see what he can do with something lighter.

I got a big mouth, so I will cut it short right now, but I love this chit!! :01_thumbu

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
gramps i just wanna be like that when i get as old as you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No shiot im with these guys im like 6 foot 155 and thought i was a twig..and bein 65 damn that is impressive...all i have to say is u are the coolest old man i have ever heard of. good luck with ur new bike

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome to the site, Wise one!!!
I'm with the other guys, I want to be like you when I get older but I do want to gain weight!! hehehe
I finally found someone that can compare to my weight & height (I'm 6'2 135lbs) but he's 64...j/k
Keep us updated on your track days & enjoy the site!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
600rrrider said:
65! Holy S*#t. Rock on. Welcome to the site.
Sheesh, life began at 60 for me!!:icon_lol:

Check out my new bay

And here all my babies line up behind the Black Mamba(my tow vehicle)

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i wanna be just like you!! forget when im 65 right now would do!! go nuts !!welcome as....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F4iTO600rr said:
No shiot im with these guys im like 6 foot 155 and thought i was a twig..and bein 65 damn that is impressive...all i have to say is u are the coolest old man i have ever heard of. good luck with ur new bike
You all got the old man smilin from ear to ear.. I don't play around. I hit the gym 5 to 6 times a week, no fat, and I gotta wear all custom chit too.:j:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Congrats on the purchase old man ;)

I get sh1t from my friends for being too skinny and I'm 135lbs and only 5'7''.

I hope to still be riding when I'm your age!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
F4iTO600rr said:
Ahhh come on you all!! I ain't all that.. :icon_lol: Sheesh, I am just having big fun, I mean big fun. And the sweet thing is, I am getting faster!!! :icon_lol:

If this 600rr allows me to do things my big heavy RC51 doesn't like, all I can say is, this chit is going to get sweeter.

Here is part of my mod list that I hope to get done in the next couple months. My SS check goes right to the bikes too!! :icon_lol:

Planned Mod list..

1. Scotts Damper

2. CRG Gold Levers

3. Satos Gold Rearsets

4. Satos Full Exhaust System (Carbon can)

5. Race Tech revalve/respring front forks

6. Penske Triple Clicker Shock(might change on that)

7. Pilot Powers Race Tires

8. Race Brack Pads

9. Sharkskin Racing Plastic

10. Ride the chit out of it!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BH600 said:
Congrats on the purchase old man ;)

I get sh1t from my friends for being too skinny and I'm 135lbs and only 5'7''.

I hope to still be riding when I'm your age!
Cool man, we skinny guys got no fat. But, I bang the gym big time. I be smokin at the gym with my crap.

Check out my daily warm up at the gym..

http://www.erols.com/clbphoto/stclock.WMV

·
Registered
264 Posts
cehoward600rr said:
Ahhh come on you all!! I ain't all that.. :icon_lol: Sheesh, I am just having big fun, I mean big fun. And the sweet thing is, I am getting faster!!! :icon_lol:

If this 600rr allows me to do things my big heavy RC51 doesn't like, all I can say is, this chit is going to get sweeter.

Here is part of my mod list that I hope to get done in the next couple months. My SS check goes right to the bikes too!! :icon_lol:

Planned Mod list..

1. Scotts Damper

2. CRG Gold Levers

3. Satos Gold Rearsets

4. Satos Full Exhaust System (Carbon can)

5. Race Tech revalve/respring front forks

6. Penske Triple Clicker Shock(might change on that)

7. Pilot Powers Race Tires

8. Race Brack Pads

9. Sharkskin Racing Plastic

10. Ride the chit out of it!!
I like #10 the best!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blizzle RR said:
Welcome to the site, Wise one!!!
I'm with the other guys, I want to be like you when I get older but I do want to gain weight!! hehehe
I finally found someone that can compare to my weight & height (I'm 6'2 135lbs) but he's 64...j/k
Keep us updated on your track days & enjoy the site!!!
Cool man, but I am cut at 65..

Check out my form on the pushups. I use to bang out 70 pushups.. Now, I am down to around 50..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gee said:
i wanna be just like you!! forget when im 65 right now would do!! go nuts !!welcome as....
These are the warmest welcomes ever!! Thanks to all of you..

It is real cool to pull everybody coat that after 60 things can get to jumpin!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TRIBALKING said:
I like #10 the best!
As you can see I got a big mouth..:icon_lol:

But, let me tell ya about the "ride the chit out it"..

I purchased my 2001 GSX R1000 9/8/2001, it has 52,000 miles on the clock.

I purchased my 2003 RC51 7/3/2003, it has 47,000 miles, plus 21 trackdays.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts