Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my welding helmet it's a Speedglass digital XP2000, I use it mostly to tig weld but also mig here and there. I had painted it with a flip/flop chameleon about two years ago and it was time to redo it so I went with house of kolor pearl white and lime time green. it turned out ok but could have been better. good enough for what it's being used for. I'm getting better all the time so I see it as practice for now. what do ya all think?

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
good colors ... did you do it your self

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Silver
looks good bro best way to practice painting

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thats awesome! Wish I did enough welding to constitute buying a $500 welding helment.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did it myself, the green and white colors were on purpose and go along with me being a MSU fan. I spend most of my day at work welding so I figure why not look good why I'm working right? I used house of color paint but used the faskmask kit from parmamask which is suppose to be for remote control car bodies. the stencil kit was only $5 and makes laying out designs super easy. I'm practicing so I'll be ready to paint my next bike helmet when I get a new bike.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cool - looks great.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Not bad at all! I like it better than the ones you see painted like a skull since the welding helmet is not really in the shape of a head they always look wierd. You could have painted yours like the Predator though as it's got that shape to it LOL. Those Speedglass helmets are nice!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no I didn't use any flex agent and now I am kicking myself in the ass cuz I got a few cracks in it when I put the helmet back together. another lesson learned with this project, practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been wanting to get into painting plastic and have been looking around at stuff on the net. Just wanted to know specifics of the material you used. I've been reading that some paints come with the flex agent so you don't have to add it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
nice work.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spray paints such as Krylon Fusion have the flex agent built in and I've used it and it works great.

dustinnoe91 said:
I've been wanting to get into painting plastic and have been looking around at stuff on the net. Just wanted to know specifics of the material you used. I've been reading that some paints come with the flex agent so you don't have to add it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts