Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Honda CBR600RR, black "tribal" pattern edition.
Montgomery Honda/Yamaha
OTD: ~$9,400

Micron Dual-Outlet Exhaust Slip-On
~4-6 rwhp gain, ~108dB sound output
Micron Sales: 1-888-963-1212
Approx. $500

Power Commander III usb
Smooths power curve, ~1-2 rwhp gain
OnlineParts.com
Quoted: $299.95

Frame Sliders (Black)
Protection for the plastics.
SatoRacing.com
Quoted: $85

Corbin Seat Replacements
Comfort, 'nuff said.
Corbin.com
Front Saddle: $239
Rear Saddle: $199

Scorpio SR-i500 FM 2-way Paging Security System
Security.
ScorpioAlarms.com
· Dual axis accelerometer – detects impact and inclination
· Waterproof design meets OEM specifications
· Selectable audible/vibrating alerts
· Integrated 125 dB programmable multi-tone siren
· Violation display with time stamp
· Range Confirmation Signal (RCS)
· Available factory plug-in connector kits

· Perimeter Sensor out to 6ft.
Quoted: $299.00

Total OTD, I'll probably end up paying around 11.5-12 grand for the bike, the accessories and installation thereof.

Huzzah for expensive, fast, dangerous toys.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
damn son, what did u hit the lottery droping loot like that.
gimme $100 ill spend it for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the gear from my stolen F4i. Icon leather jacket, track jeans, gloves, Sidi boots and a Shoei lid.

·
19,904 Posts
ahh... i see, which Sidi boots are you gonnna get,i plan on getting the vertbra 2 myself..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically, financing the whole thing through Honda. I've been paying with them on a Civic for the last 2 years, never missed a payment, been early and over-paying frequently, so they like me a lot despite my less-than-stellar credit. I plan on riding her for at least 4 years, after which she'll become a track-only bike and I'll make the decision at that point wether or not to get a new street bike. Between now and then, my payments will be approx. $275-$300/mo for the bike and $40/mo for the insurance (GMAC Riders' Insurance). The aftermarket parts are covered both in the GMAC premium AND by GAP. If I get screwed, the bike is totalled somehow, I'm committment-free after all is said and done. If all goes well, I'll have a track bike that is a lot of fun and good for the street in the meantime.

·
19,904 Posts
good credit is a hell of thing aint it.. i need to fix the dents i put in mine recently and start maintaining my junk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ehh. My credit is moderately good. Still have some things on my record that aren't so nice. The issue is that Honda has my past record of paying on my Civic to compare that to, so they see me as a good risk.

Also, I'm 25 and in the Military. This says two things to them, a) that I'm in deep **** with my command if I -don't- pay them, and b) that I have a steady, unwavering source of income with which TO pay them. So long as my debt-to-income ratio isn't already prohibitively high (which it blessedly isn't), they'll give me anything I ask for.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
275-300/month??? holy helly that's a lot! that's about what you pay for a $15k car over 5 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing it in 48 months, bro. I'm on a schedule here. I want it paid off before I leave the Culinary in NY, 4 years from now. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some background:

I joined the US Air Force because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, and discovered with resounding force that College definitely wasn't "it" for me at that time. I needed to grow up.

I'm in the 6th year of a 6 year enlistment now, and early last year I had an epiphany as I shopped for groceries for a huge meal I was cooking for some friends. I love cooking. Love it. I get the biggest kick out of coming up with new combinations, substitutions for old tried-and-true recipes, working from dead scratch and creating meals that my friends and loved ones -love- eating.

So, I decided to become a chef. In April of 2006 I will be entering the most prestigious, most expensive, and most difficult Culinary school in the world, the Culinary Institute of America (www.ciachef.edu). Graduates from this school tend to earn 40-60% more than their colleagues on average, and move up the ladder faster and more reliably. Besides the name recognition, the school is recognized worldwide as the "boot camp" of cooking. It's the toughest, most rigorous cooking school ever devised, and has a reputation for creating true artisans out of its students.

When I leave CIA, I plan on going to Italy to study under a chef I've heard of through some alumni and a few friends in Solerno, Sicily. He's an italian national culinary hero and a goofball of a man to boot. I'll be spending as much time under his tutelage as it takes to become the chef I want to be. While I'm there, I'll be doing what's called "stages" all across Europe, basically where my exec. chef lends me out to other chefs to grow my knowledge base, grant me a wider breadth of experience and allow me to develop a network of chefs I know and have worked with. It also helps my exec. chef's image if I do well. It tells others that he's on top of his game in more than just his own technique. (you never truly understand something until you can teach it)

While I'm there, I hope to do some serious track riding in Europe. :) Should be a real blast.

·
19,904 Posts
cool, im on year 4 of a 7 yr. USMC baby, im getting out, moving to Fl and im gonna try to be a state trooper or something, that ay i can be the cool cop that lets crazy bike riders and car drivers slide, if they arent being stupid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's going to be nice to get back to working with my hands for a living instead of computer programming. I always liked skilled labor stuff more. Before I went to college, I worked on a framing crew for a contracting company. Built a lot of houses, and loved it. It's one of the only jobs I can remember where, at the end of the day, I felt satisfied at the job I'd done.

·
19,904 Posts
screw college, i aint going back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These days, if you don't have a degree, you can kiss you chances of getting hired goodbye. Moreso, if you got your degree from a crackerjack box community college, you might just be in the same boat.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I agree, but the problem that I have with degrees in general is that I can name about 90% of the people who I run into with degrees, that either have no buisness with one or are in a profession that is in no way related to the degree that they earned. In many instances degrees have become just a status symbol and have no actual reflection of the person who has the degree. For example my degree was in polictical science and I am a telecommuncations consultant. In my job my company could care less about my poly sci degree.

·
19,904 Posts
Vaep0r said:
I agree, but the problem that I have with degrees in general is that I can name about 90% of the people who I run into with degrees, that either have no buisness with one or are in a profession that is in no way related to the degree that they earned. In many instances degrees have become just a status symbol and have no actual reflection of the person who has the degree. For example my degree was in polictical science and I am a telecommuncations consultant. In my job my company could care less about my poly sci degree.
exactly, and thats what pissies me off. i refuse to conform.
Rebel is my unwritten name.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts