Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody out there who rides at night? Due to my work schedule, I ride home at night about 2 am. two or three times a week. not so bad except when it gets foggy. I work in Carmel Mountain and ride back home to Chula Vista. few cars on the freeway. the reason I commute sometimes is the gas prices are so freakin expensive and I look foreward to riding my RR to and from work, besides I get to ride the HOV lane for free.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i can definitely tell u that riding that late at night is an invitation for trouble. 2 am is when the drunkies are out caging about. in case of an accident, you're pretty much sh*t out of luck. no witnesses, nobody to help u if it's really bad and don't forget help takes twice as long.

good luck man.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware of the drunks at that hour that's why I never ride on Friday nights. anyway I stay as far away from cagers when riding home. thanx for the comment.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
jply, nite time is fine just use your head- be super careful of all damp patchs, cant see em when everything is black, gear up and ride smart- and have fun.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i used to ride to work at night all the time.
you already watch out for the cagers, if you do freeway alot, watch for road debris, especially in the fast lane or carpool. i once rode by a 4X4 piece of wood that i didnt even see until last min, luckily it was about 4 feet to my left.

ride on, ride safe, ride red!

ride safe ride on!

·
Registered
729 Posts
i feel safer riding at night... people in jersey during the day drive like they are all 15 minutes late for somthing (and are on cell phones)... i like those hot summer nights at 2am just riding on empty open rodes with my friends... woop!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I ride to work at 10, and get off work at 630 am, so most of my driving is at night. Luckily there aren't many cars out and you can see for several miles ahead. Unfortunately even the best situations can end badly no matter what time of day or night. 2 weeks ago we had a 50 yr old guy on his brand new Hardley go down and die when a 20 yr old kid turned left in front of him and didn't see him. Just last night we had a 19 yo kid on his 2 week old GSXR-600 have a drunk pull out in front of him with no chance for the bike rider to do anything. The 19 yo was wearing full protection, but you died from massive internal injuries. There's just some situations that aren't effected with time of day.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hey Man I Feel Your Pain I Used To Ride From Irvine Down To Gaslamp Every Night At About Midnight/ One. That Sh*t Sucks. Those Roads Are Just Full Of Loonies Especially Near Carlsbad And La Jolla. Nothing But A Bunch Of Guys Trying To Race Lifted Pickups And Pieces Of Crap Against You On Your Ride. But Just Stay Alert And Don't As I See Lots Of People Doing Ride At Night With A Smoked Helmet Visor. That Is Dumb And Will Only Lead To Danger. And Reflective Stuff Helps Too The Government Makes Me Wear It But I Would Do It Any Way(just Not So Gay Looking).

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
im a night rider.
i head to work at about 4pm and dont get off anywhere from 2-4am sometimes 5am. been riding at night for almost 11 months now, 4-5 days a week, except for when it rains. it was fricken cold riding during the mo's of oct to feb. its nice out now.
jus be careful out there. keep your head on a swivel and eyes wide open. its too easy to miss something on the road cuz of the lack of visibilty.
and on another note....its very tempting to rock that throttle back and gun it since there's no cagers or traffic out......DONT DO IT! ride safe mang.

werd

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Im a night rider as well! I love the driving through the country till 2 am. The extra danger of not being able to see animals kind of adds to the thrill. Plus thats when all the ladies are out cruising the highway :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
jplynx said:
anybody out there who rides at night? Due to my work schedule, I ride home at night about 2 am. two or three times a week. not so bad except when it gets foggy. I work in Carmel Mountain and ride back home to Chula Vista. few cars on the freeway. the reason I commute sometimes is the gas prices are so freakin expensive and I look foreward to riding my RR to and from work, besides I get to ride the HOV lane for free.
I also live in CV but I dont work as far up as you do I work in Mira mar and when I do ride my bike home it is at night. I take the 15 usually and it is not so bad just keep that head on a swivel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts