Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nitron have now got a rear shock available for the 05-06 models again following a need to change the piggyback reservoir design because of a parts availability issue.

Here is my unit. I helped check fit a springless prototype and I now have my N2 unit installed.

They haven't done fork kits for the 05-06 up to now but they have my forks and they are making top caps to suit. The forks will be of the 'one leg compression, the other rebound' type.

Coil spring Gas Suspension Shock absorber Tableware

Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Hood Personal luxury car

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Peter

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice. I can't say that I've seen Nitron parts on a 600rr, at least not that I've seen here in the states. I had by shock rebuilt and valved with a new spring by our local shop RaceTech. They added collar adapters to fit the spring and I had zero free sag on the rear and I might as well have been riding on a log. I swapped out to the factory spring and it's too soft but I get better grip than stock and excellent tire wear. Please keep this thread updated with your riding impressions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nitron have now got a rear shock available for the 05-06 models again following a need to change the piggyback reservoir design because of a parts availability issue.

Here is my unit. I helped check fit a springless prototype and I now have my N2 unit installed.

They haven't done fork kits for the 05-06 up to now but they have my forks and they are making top caps to suit. The forks will be of the 'one leg compression, the other rebound' type.

View attachment 227617

View attachment 227618

View attachment 227619

Peter
looks a lovely setup Peter can you give me an idea on costs ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts