Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm hoping to do a trackday soon here, never done it before but dont have everything ready for it yet. I've got the gear but no race plastics or trailer yet

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to do a trackday soon here, never done it before but dont have everything ready for it yet. I've got the gear but no race plastics or trailer yet
All you need is the gear and a way to get the bike down there. Race plastics are overkill if your just starting out. Try to hitch a ride from someone in your area thats going and see how you like it. at least thats my recommendation.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
How much you looking to spend on a trailer? where are you located?

Race plastics are not needed

·
Registered
159 Posts
yeah not a bad idea redisfaster, do you normally go the night before or that day? I was going to try and ride there but I thought thatd be overkill. So I bought a trailer hitch for my jeep and am looking at getting a 5x8 or 6x10 enclosed trailer. As for price 1/4mile, do you have one youre selling?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah not a bad idea redisfaster, do you normally go the night before or that day? I was going to try and ride there but I thought thatd be overkill. So I bought a trailer hitch for my jeep and am looking at getting a 5x8 or 6x10 enclosed trailer. As for price 1/4mile, do you have one youre selling?

I usually drive down that morning if I;m going alone. I'll leave just before 5am. I have a small one bike trailer. Got it from harbor freight. The whole thing cost me like $300. Got the idea from another member on the board. I think the trailer is 40"x48". I got the ramps from northern hydraulics and bolted them onto the trailer.
I tow the bike with my 4 cylinder Honda Accord....haha

I have a few friends that have ridden to the track but its not a good idea. If you end up going down...you got no ride home.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm in for Thursday, hopefully the weather holds. Currently 40% chance of rain, but the track dries pretty quickly.

If you have the space for an enclosed trailer, that's the route I would go with. But, until you get one, I'd just rent a trailer from U-Haul and call it a day. You can rent them for real cheap. Just make sure your Jeep is wired to plug in the trailer for brake lights, turn signals etc.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a bit worried about the weather as well. Nothign worse than taking a day off of work, driving 6+ hours (round trip) and getting rained out.
Your right about it drying fast. The last time I was there it was pouring all morning and the rain didnt stop until around 8:30. By the second session it was dry.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. I'll swing by and say hello. I'm on an 07 red/black...no numbers.

Looks like at least the morning will be ok. Nothing worse than driving 3 hours only to get rained out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts