who's gonna be there??? I'm in for saturday and sunday:banger:

·
Registered
491 Posts
cool! I'll be there on Saturday morning. I'm on the yellow 03

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I will probably be there, but without my bike. I ddint get signed up in time, and red group filled up pretty quick. I plan on bringing the old lady down and help my friends out in the pits and take a few pics.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure what team promotions deal is with signing up this close to a trackday. Maybe cost you an extra 20 or something.

I'm really excited, haven't been on the track in over a year and have a new bike that I can't wait to get out there. We will be there Saturday and Sunday - I'll be on a 1000rr with the #44 on it... can't miss it. Come by and say hello. Gbord will be with me who is also an old school .net member

see you guys this weekend
E

·
Registered
444 Posts
Kewl, i'm going down with my bike for sat, but I haven't signed up. I haven't done a track day before and 2 of my friends are signed up so If there happens to be a cancelation, I'll sign up at the track. If not, I can do the cheezy try the track and do a couple follow the leader runs at "under highway speed limits", lol.

I'll be there with a hanspree replica '06, cya there guys..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Kewl, i'm going down with my bike for sat, but I haven't signed up. I haven't done a track day before and 2 of my friends are signed up so If there happens to be a cancelation, I'll sign up at the track. If not, I can do the cheezy try the track and do a couple follow the leader runs at "under highway speed limits", lol.

I'll be there with a hanspree replica '06, cya there guys..
TPM has an orientation, "try the track" session during the lunch hour I think. You have to get there before 11am, and they basically let you go on the track for free with limited speeds:
http://www.teampromotion.com/trythetrack2-page.php
So if you don't get in, at least you'll be able to get an idea of the track. Just make sure you have your gear on you.
Pretty cool I think.:cruising:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
TPM has an orientation, "try the track" session during the lunch hour I think. You have to get there before 11am, and they basically let you go on the track for free with limited speeds:
http://www.teampromotion.com/trythetrack2-page.php
So if you don't get in, at least you'll be able to get an idea of the track. Just make sure you have your gear on you.
Pretty cool I think.:cruising:

These are two parade laps of follow the leader going super slow. I saw one guy in jeans and a jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. I believe he was riding a cruiser. I think Monday might still be available. NJMP is a great track.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It was a great track day Sat, left the hotel Sunday morning. How did you guys make out in the rain?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It actually turned out to be a great day. Just got home. Left at 5am and got there aroun 8 and it seemed like it had been raining for a while...still was. Me and the GF left and went to get breakfast and waited to see if it would clear up. Rain stopped just before 9 and the track was dry by the second session. It ended up being a great day. I'm glad I stuck around.

Anyone know about the "crash" on Saturday? Apparently 2 guys crashed into each other in the paddock?? Heard someone talking about it but didnt know what happened

·
Registered
491 Posts
As I was leaving I saw one of the coaches walking with ice on his shoulder holding his arm. I know there was one guy that wrecked his bike during a session but I didn't get a chance to see the damage.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
It actually turned out to be a great day. Just got home. Left at 5am and got there aroun 8 and it seemed like it had been raining for a while...still was. Me and the GF left and went to get breakfast and waited to see if it would clear up. Rain stopped just before 9 and the track was dry by the second session. It ended up being a great day. I'm glad I stuck around.

Anyone know about the "crash" on Saturday? Apparently 2 guys crashed into each other in the paddock?? Heard someone talking about it but didnt know what happened
From what I understand, a guy was coming off the track into the paddocks, went straight to the second row instead of left to pass in front of the garages, apparently somehow he gunned the throttle and collided head on with a mercedes and went through the windshield of the car. State police were on scene and all track operations were shut down till the police finished their investigation and ok'ed the day to commence.

I think the motorcycle operator received a ticket as well.

As I was leaving I saw one of the coaches walking with ice on his shoulder holding his arm. I know there was one guy that wrecked his bike during a session but I didn't get a chance to see the damage.
on the fourth there was 5 red flags in all 5 sessions before lunch, people were crashing like it was their jobs. I saw a coach go down in T5, one of my friends went down in T2. they had to call a second riders meeting to tell people to calm the f down. it was rediculous.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
on the fourth there was 5 red flags in all 5 sessions before lunch, people were crashing like it was their jobs. I saw a coach go down in T5, one of my friends went down in T2. they had to call a second riders meeting to tell people to calm the f down. it was rediculous.
i was there but just hanging out with some other peeps, not riding. Didnt even know you whores would be there.

I also wondered wtf was the deal with all the incidents. Its not like was packed. It was a surprisingly small crowd.

Saw your friend go down on T2 throwing dirt everywhere lol.

There were some pretty nice bikes there this weekend. I saw a new MV-Agusta F4 running yesterday; was told there was a bimota also yesterday and someone with a brand spanking new Aprilia RSV4 Factory on Sunday... must be nice :retard:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not quite how it went down ;) I was there, and saw the hole thing.

one of the control riders was exiting the track and drove straight thru towards the middle of the paddock area. There was a merceedes that was traveling towards the same intersection from the left. Rider was going too fast and when they met in the intersection the bike t boned the benz pretty hard. DISCLAIMER...I could not tell how fast the car was going, but the bike was moving along pretty good. Was really glad to see the guy get up and walk away, cuz he his that **** hard.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anyone know the photographer that was there?? a link maybe?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts