Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this is not a suzuki bashing thread!!!
second i am looking for information in your guys area!

OK I was told yesterday that suzuki is not importing any new 2010 models into the USA because the demand for them is not there! I have found an article on it.
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/11/no-2010-suzukis-planned.html

the 2010 honda's are also trickling in very slowly in my area! how about in your area? So the economy has dropped the sport bike market big time... They also say that suzuki 2011 hybusa is gonna cost like 16k!!! because of the exchange rate!!! i mean damn!!!!

here goes the inflation!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
This is not an isolated occurrence. All brands have surplus stock of non currents. Powersport products are luxury items and are the first to feel the pinch in an economic downturn.

North America wide, sales are down over 40%.

Support your local Honda dealer to ensure he's there in the long run!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that... but honda is still rolling out the 2010.. while suzuki is not... well not to USA...

means tow things.. either the 2009 prices are gonna really drop, in turn drive honda to sell lower. which means resale of bikes will drop also...

or they are gonna stay the same. honda and yamaha will sell as usual, and we might see just a small drop in resale!

either way it should be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next couple of months... who knows, maybe it will be a real good time to pick up a new bike for the track!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
wow thats insane...I didn't notice zuki didn't have any of their 10's here till now..Honda, Yama, Kawa all have their 10's out here...that sucks. I wonder what will be next.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
They are doing it to protect their dealers. If they brought in a 2010 then what do you think happens to the 2009 models dealers have? they must discount them or sell them at a loss. Enough dealers are hurting and going out of business that Suzuki did this to protect their dealers (what keeps Suzuki alive). Smart move imo in this economy.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Suzuki will be importing enough of their race models to meet AMA rules for production. (or so Ive been told)
So expect to see around 200 models nation wide of each GSXR 600/1000, RMZ 250/450, and LTZ 450 race quad.
That will probably be it for 2010 Suzukis in America.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are doing it to protect their dealers. If they brought in a 2010 then what do you think happens to the 2009 models dealers have? they must discount them or sell them at a loss. Enough dealers are hurting and going out of business that Suzuki did this to protect their dealers (what keeps Suzuki alive). Smart move imo in this economy.

very smart move by them.. you dont see to many companies protecting their dealers... so i say good for them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
yah, I went into my local dealer today and they had a ton of 2008 cbrs on the showroom floor. I also noticed that a bunch of their helmets were really old stock - evidenced by the yellowing sticker prices. i did manage to pick up one of the new Scorpion Stinger closeout jackets for $125. That's about the only good thing in this economy - deals for those who can afford them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Busa's are the "squid" versions of chromed out harleys.

......but busa's are great bikes and are not worth a 16k price.

I sure hope this doesn't mean that squids will flock to hondas now.

:gun1:SQUIDS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay Im new to streetbikes in terms of riding and terms like Squids.... wtf is a squid? Please someone explain this.

Anyways, that is very respectable that they protect their dealers even though Im not really a suzuki guy. I have a lot of respect for their gsxr750.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
ALL major bike manufacturers need to lower the prices on these bikes. They needed to think about that one even before the recession. Now...they are feeling it and rightfully so.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I disagree ^
The US pays a lot less than other countries for the same bike.
You wouldnt believe what some EU countries have to pay for these bikes.

The US has it easy on prices IMO.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Okay Im new to streetbikes in terms of riding and terms like Squids.... wtf is a squid? Please someone explain this.

Anyways, that is very respectable that they protect their dealers even though Im not really a suzuki guy. I have a lot of respect for their gsxr750.
CBRmango (SNL): Please follow these directions very closely.

#1. FOLLOW LINK: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid
- ensure you scroll down to read multiple definitions

#2. MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!!!! - Don't turn into one!

Cheers!:ciao:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
mxrider is correct. We pay so much less for bikes and even parts then others. That's how capatalism works. There is already such competition that they are not making as much as you think on a bike. I promise you that nearly every dealer selling an 09 model or older now is losing money on it. In fact they even paid interest or floor plan fee's on that bike to sit there for a year or two just to sell it at a loss. This isn't the manufacturers fault or dealers. It's just the cycle of the economy. IMO all manufacturers should be doing what suzuki is doing to help the dealers. I know it sucks not getting a bike at a killer deal, but at the same point if the industry takes too big of a hit you know we won't have racing, contingency programs, R&D on new bikes, etc. Manufacturers are already pulling out of racing because of the economy.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mxrider is correct. We pay so much less for bikes and even parts then others. That's how capatalism works. There is already such competition that they are not making as much as you think on a bike. I promise you that nearly every dealer selling an 09 model or older now is losing money on it. In fact they even paid interest or floor plan fee's on that bike to sit there for a year or two just to sell it at a loss. This isn't the manufacturers fault or dealers. It's just the cycle of the economy. IMO all manufacturers should be doing what suzuki is doing to help the dealers. I know it sucks not getting a bike at a killer deal, but at the same point if the industry takes too big of a hit you know we won't have racing, contingency programs, R&D on new bikes, etc. Manufacturers are already pulling out of racing because of the economy.

i dont know what the markup is, if there is even one. I am to new to the sport.. but i think what we pay for our bikes is priced right. If i have to spend a little more to make sure a good dealership stays in business, and to keep a sport alive. In my book it is worth it... now for the dealerships that are stealerships, f them!!! but the one i bought my bike from (mckenny powersports in gastonia nc) they are some great people... and i dont mind buying from them.. they arent out to rip people off.. sure they need to make money to stay in business, just like everyone else.. and i respect that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts