Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 CBR 600rr.

Bike went down little over a month ago and it messed up the front end. I did the 2006 inverted fork conversion. Same 2003 harness, nothing was damaged on it.

Bike is nearly complete but now It won't crank nor will the fuel pump prime. All the fuses are good. Same ignition. Lights turn on, tail lights work, turn signals works...

Did the basics, neutral, kick stand, clutch etc etc.

Help!!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
After doing an audi light install on my bike, I had the same problem. For me it turned out I installed the tilt sensor upside down. You may have a tilt sensor issue. If the bike thinks its down it will do exactly what u r experiancing. The tilt sensor is right above both headlights. It should look like an upside down D. This should give u an idea of what is wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did you use the 06 ignition barrel?
No, all electrical is from my 2003. Only that is 2006 is the inverted fork setup.

Well hmmm. I did take the lower portion of the ignition off so i could remove one of the two big bolts (it stripped)... Possibly when I put it on, I did it wrong? But the get moves to the ON position.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bypassed starter relay, bike started cranking. OK so that's figured out.

Now, I remember reading about swapping out fan and fuel pump relays. Where are these?

Fuel pump is getting power, I checked the connection.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Find some one with a new or used start stop switch.. They're know for getting fucked up. My buddy just had the same problem with his and it was the switch..

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Make sure there is power getting to the ignition for starters - 30A fuse under the seat.

All of your issues more than likely have a single root cause, and thankfully there aren't to many things that cause all of your symptoms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find some one with a new or used start stop switch.. They're know for getting fucked up. My buddy just had the same problem with his and it was the switch..
DING DING DING!!!! Replaced the kill switch and BOOM everything worked again!!

Thank you everyone for the help!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts