Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once i get my bike back from the shop i plan to pick up some tid bits to install on the bike and frame sliders are one, but i heard that no cut sliders are bad somewhere when i was looking them up for my 900RR. can anyone point me in the right direction? i dont have tools to cut into my fairings and i dont want to cut into them, 08 600rr. thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Only tools you need is a hole saw bit.

No cut sliders are on a flange and will bend on impact, pending how hard of a hit it is.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
look at woodcraft sliders.

no cuts have a reputation of failing if they get worked hard.

cutting fairings is not hard....just precise and nerve wracking.

drill from inside out.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I just drilled my fairings, never did it before, and it wasnt that bad. Just take ur time and make sure u find the center of the mounting bolt when drilling. Watch a few youtube videos and u will be fine. Yea only tool u need is a drill, and a hole saw... Size of hole saw depends on ur slider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sure i can find a friend to do it for me, that way if they mess up i can blame them lol

i thought woodcraft was supposed to be the best?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
im sure i can find a friend to do it for me, that way if they mess up i can blame them lol

i thought woodcraft was supposed to be the best?
Haha, I use to do that with my oldest brother. I had him do stuff for me sometimes so if he damaged it I'd blame it on him. :crackup:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
haha woodcraft does make really good frame sliders... OES are nice, shogun, theres a few out there, depends what u like...

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Not to hijack but what do ya guys think of the lsl sliders?? Also what do ya guys also think of the woodcraft side cover sliders?

One more question peeps.

Which style of slider is better,

the style that goes over the covers like the lsl

vs

the style that requires a hole cut like the woodcraft

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Woodcrafts from STG to replace the crappy trex sliders i have now. I keep reading the no cuts are garbage because of the excessive leverage they create which apparently snaps bolts easily and/or can cause more damage then they can save. Cut install should be simple using the laser technique.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I still think I might go with no cuts. I just want something that will not let my fairings get hit if I drop it in the garage. Are they ok for that?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yea no cuts are fine for that. My bike was knocked over by a van when it was parked and they saved alot of plastic damage.. The frame sliders did not get bent at all, only got a few scratches on the slider.. No bolts got snapped either..

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Get R&G, that's all I say. Call superbikesupply.com, they can order one for you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im thinking about picking some up for that...what exactly happens in a worst case senerio of no cut failure? It breaks at the mounting position right? Im trying to see if ill just buy some sliders I have to cut or not, im not worried about making cuts because im pretty handy with tools but I don't know if I want to cut the fairings or not haha.

And I can't decide between OES and woodcraft!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Worst case probably would be something gets bent or cracked in the frame maybe. Like where u put in the engine mount bolts. Whatever that is... I may be wrong..

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Im thinking about picking some up for that...what exactly happens in a worst case senerio of no cut failure? It breaks at the mounting position right? Im trying to see if ill just buy some sliders I have to cut or not, im not worried about making cuts because im pretty handy with tools but I don't know if I want to cut the fairings or not haha.

And I can't decide between OES and woodcraft!

I got some OES if u wanna check pictures on my profile...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ill do that. Maybe I should just get cut ones for piece of mind that nothing will get bent or break. It says on STGs website that not cuts aren't for blunt impacts like kick stand falls and they could break. If it says it right on the website I guess ill stay away from them haha.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yea its probably a good idea just in case. I think the frame sliders actually look better when u cut the fairings. Just my opinion tho. Plus u will know how to do it when its done so u can help other people..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts