Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been on this forum for almost a year now and i finally registered today because today i actually went to a honda dealership and actually start shopping for my bike for this up coming season... can you guys tell me what you all are paying or willing to pay for this bike...
im lookin at the 08 600rr graphitti... this is was the sales man gave me

bike - 9800
tax - 686 (7% im in jersey)
reg - 69.50
tire - 3 (idk why)
dec fees - 115.50

OTD they were askin 10,674... now do you think thats a deal or not.. i think its a little too high... but this is my first time shooping for a brand new bike.. before this i own a yamaha r6 but i bought it used so there was really no neg there lol.. can you guys just give me an input on what you think and what i should counter offer for.. also this is only 1 dealership i checked theres a few more that i have to go to also... thanks alot

·
Registered
542 Posts
off the bat i wanna say that the white was running for that kinda price last year about this time...and that was a good price then right guys? my guess is the graffiti black is kinda the color for 08...but i paid a g less than that out the door for mine...and im in cali cause that made a diff...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have never agreed with buying brand new sport bikes as they really depreciate after the first year. Plus, more then likely in 09 the CBR600RR will get a overhaul...as it did in 07. Look at what the 06's are worth....6500 bucks MAX. Next, I could never imagine spend 10,500 dollars on a 600. Might as well just go for the liter bike

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very True Andrew they do depreciate fast but if your going to keep it for say 4 years to me it was worth it .But on the flip side I only paid 9200 OTD which i thought was a good deal for the time of year i purchased

·
Registered
869 Posts
Very True Andrew they do depreciate fast but if your going to keep it for say 4 years to me it was worth it .But on the flip side I only paid 9200 OTD which i thought was a good deal for the time of year i purchased
That is true if you plan on keeping it for 4 or more years but I know with me even if I bought a shiny new bike I would be getting rid of it in 2 years or less because I have a complex....as most of us do:toothy4:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys are right.. i do get bored of shiit easy and would wanna trade it in... but im looking to buy a bike for this up coming season and i dont want a used bike... i gotta have it new =) but what do u guys think i should counter offer wit

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do you guys think a reasonable counter offer would be i know they have families to feed to soo im not that much of a pr!ck.. and what is invoice on these

·
Registered
425 Posts
Check out all of the Honda dealerships in your state.Im sure you can get all the phone numbers thru google. If One of them is less than what your getting from your local dealer see if he will price match or at least give you something better

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
what do you guys think a reasonable counter offer would be i know they have families to feed to soo im not that much of a pr!ck.. and what is invoice on these

trust me on this you can counter offer till your blue in the face, it won't matter. if they are not a dealer that is moving a large number of unit's, they are not going to come down much in price.

i went to my local dealer, they wanted retail. i asked what if i pay in cash? they still wanted retail. i looked on e-bay and found a dealer in Sumter Sc. OTD 8,699$ no B.S. charges either.

my advice buy an 07. in a few month's, some will have bought a Graffiti, and turned it into a track bike. buy their plastic's, sell your's. when it's all said and done, you'll have what you wanted for less, way less than 10k!

another idea for you. look into going out of state for a better deal. further south you go, the price will get cheaper! good luck. T.K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I paid $9750 otd for an '08 red/blk three weeks ago if that's helpful. For the graffiti bike, I'd probably look to get it for 10k otd.

To the few people that don't agree with buying a new bike...well, all I can say is there is NOTHING like a brand new ride, nothing!!! If money is a key factor, there are plenty of great bikes to buy that can be had for very good deals. Still, I have and always will pony up a few more bucks for brand new. There's no better way to spoil yourself!! :toothy4: Plus, the smell in the garage from a brand new exhaust....priceless!!!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Call down to Honda of Sumter in South Carolina. It'll probably be worth it to take a trailer down there to pick it up. They make mad deals. I got my '07 for $8299 OTD.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
Call down to Honda of Sumter in South Carolina. It'll probably be worth it to take a trailer down there to pick it up. They make mad deals. I got my '07 for $8299 OTD.

+1 Jim speaks the truth. anyways, buy an 07! save your money for the mod's.T.K.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have never agreed with buying brand new sport bikes as they really depreciate after the first year. Plus, more then likely in 09 the CBR600RR will get a overhaul...as it did in 07. Look at what the 06's are worth....6500 bucks MAX. Next, I could never imagine spend 10,500 dollars on a 600. Might as well just go for the liter bike

I don't think he plans on selling the bike anytime soon so I don't think depreciation carries as much weight.

I never buy my vehicals based on what's the latest and greatest so I prefer to buy my cars/bikes the last year that certain model is made.

As for the price. I agree it seems too much.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
wow.. I would never buy a brand new bike unless it's one of those ducati 1098.. shop around for used bike man... it's freaking half price..

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I completely agree with Spark. Why spend $9K on a bike when in ONE YEAR, the 2009 is going to be a better bike, no doubt. MMC usually means, more power, less weight, redesigned fairings or better equipment. My advice, get over that conflict over "having to buy new." You'll be just as slow and unable to extract the potential from an 08-09 just as much as an 03-04. The big difference will be that you're wallet will be over $5000 lighter that's without factoring how much MORE you'll be paying in finance charges.

Now, if you're really going to exploit the full benefits of an 07-08 or an 09-10, then I'd wait for the 09-10... 07-08 just ain't worth it. Besides, when the 09-10 come out, you can get a fancy clearance deal on a brand new 07-08. Patience is a virtue.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts