Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’ve done some searches and found nothing. I need some help. I have an 06 cbr600rr. I bought the bike and it has a fuel issue. I can spray carb cleaner and it’ll start up for a few seconds so I know it’s getting spark. I’ve replaced the fuel pump, fpr, spark plugs, and cleaned all the lines and injectors. Still not getting any fuel through the injectors. I’m pretty sure I seen fuel spray but it didn’t look like it was spraying enough to start the bike. Please help!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might need new injectors If you have some one who has same bike try putting them on see if it solves it if the pump is putting out the psi you need the plugs have spark and lines are clean leaves one problem injectors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the pump prime when you cycle the kill switch
Yea it primes. It’s brand new. I replaced that and the fuel pressure regulator. Like I said I’m getting fuel to the injectors. Just not from the injectors to the intake.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
is there a power commander fitted? is the power commander grounded to the negative terminal on the battery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there a power commander fitted? is the power commander grounded to the negative terminal on the battery?
No, there’s no power commander. Everything is stock on the bike beside the fuel pump I replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How long has the gas been sitting in the bike? I had the same problem with my 03, gas was black when I dumped it out. The guy I bought it from must have had it sitting for years. Have you tried pulling the plugs? Are they wet? Black? White?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long has the gas been sitting in the bike? I had the same problem with my 03, gas was black when I dumped it out. The guy I bought it from must have had it sitting for years. Have you tried pulling the plugs? Are they wet? Black? White?
Gas is brand new. I drained it and put new gas in when I changed the pump. The plugs are brand new as well. But before I changed them the old ones were black.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
See if anyone in your local group has a 600rr as well. Maybe you could borrow for a test.

You can also try forcing injectors to ground manually and check for fuel. (key on kill switch set to run for this test)

Next would be checking for wiring integrity on all your grounding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See if anyone in your local group has a 600rr as well. Maybe you could borrow for a test.

You can also try forcing injectors to ground manually and check for fuel. (key on kill switch set to run for this test)

Next would be checking for wiring integrity on all your grounding.
How would I do that? Turn the key on and jump the ground and see if it sprays or not?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
turn on the ignition, turn the kill switch to run, then force the pink wires to ground (at least i think they're pink? been a while since i've been in a 600rr). the injectors are fed constant 12v and the ecu grounds the negative. so if grounding the negative on the injector causes it to spray then the ecu is to blame for not doing that. (it could be the ground on the other side of the ECU as well)

if they don't spray then you may have circuit trouble somewhere else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
turn on the ignition, turn the kill switch to run, then force the pink wires to ground (at least i think they're pink? been a while since i've been in a 600rr). the injectors are fed constant 12v and the ecu grounds the negative. so if grounding the negative on the injector causes it to spray then the ecu is to blame for not doing that. (it could be the ground on the other side of the ECU as well)

if they don't spray then you may have circuit trouble somewhere else.
ahhh gotcha. Makes sense. I’m not off again till the day after tomorrow so I’ll try it then and see what I find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts