Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I last posted up. Good to see everything is still running nice.

Anyway Last month I was issued a traffic citation for "carelss driving" for coming up to a light with no hands on my bars. I was in conttrol of my bike, I was 50 meters away from the light, slowing down from 25 mph with my rear braking being applied, I took off my hands to stretch my arms and shoulders, and put them back on the bars. I was the first on my lline in that line, the light changed and I was the first one to speed, I weigh 2500 lbs less than a typical car so of course I would get to speed faster and I get pulled over.

I was wondering have any of you guys experience this before?

well take it easy guys, hope to get some nice feed back from you guys. Oh I just paid off the ticket, it was issued for 121.50 and the nice lady gave it to me for 110 when I told her I want the class.

Ride safe guys, and oh yeah check your tire pressure.
David

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
go to the Florida DMV website and see if theres anything about no hands...if there isn't that cop doesnt have a leg to stand on. If there is on there about no hands then your fugked and have to pay ticket!

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Don't check your tire pressure in early spring. hehe. I put my tires back up to the proper PSi and hit a paint strip while it was about 35 degrees in the morning. No more bike for me. :sad11:

That sucks about the ticket though. I've heard cases where people on bicycles were issued a ticket for riding with no hands. They must not have met their quota for this month.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
go to the Florida DMV website and see if theres anything about no hands...if there isn't that cop doesnt have a leg to stand on. If there is on there about no hands then your fugked and have to pay ticket!
Too late. He already paid the ticket. Next time get a traffic attorney that knows the law. That's pretty sorry if it happened the way you described. I stretch a lot like that and would be super pissed if I pulled over and given a ticket for that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wonder what the law really is here in California for that kind of stuff. Sometime I'll take my hands off while I'm coasting just to stretch for a second and throw them right back on my bars. Other times I'll take just my left hand off, put it on my hip, and then ride like that for a little way to give my hand a break. Wonder if any of these things are breaking the law. :dontknow:

·
Registered
162 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Too late. He already paid the ticket. Next time get a traffic attorney that knows the law. That's pretty sorry if it happened the way you described. I stretch a lot like that and would be super pissed if I pulled over and given a ticket for that.
Yeah, but by the time you pay a traffic attorney you've paid more than the cost of the ticket!!! and.. they say our court system is fair LOL!!

C

·
0 Posts
I bet a judge may have let you off. you were in total control of the vehicle right? I have heard of people being let off for wheelies because they were "in control"

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
soonermagik said:
Yeah, but by the time you pay a traffic attorney you've paid more than the cost of the ticket!!! and.. they say our court system is fair LOL!!
True. But you also don't get points on your license and higher insurance premiums if you get off. That's the big difference. I'd rather pay the lawyer $200 then the court system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in pennsylvania and my friend did a wheelie once and a cop was pulling out of sheetz (gas station) and he didnt see him and got pulled over but he faught it and got out of it because of the whole "in control" thing so who knows.

N

·
0 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
I bet a judge may have let you off. you were in total control of the vehicle right? I have heard of people being let off for wheelies because they were "in control"
+1

What a lame ticket. I would have fought that! No hands.

Stupid, stupid ticket!

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
WTF???!!!! that sucks..... why dont they give tickets to SQUIDS? i think squids are worst than driving up to a light with no hands....

not to jack a thread, but i recently got a ticket for crossing a double yellow.
on my way home there was a group heading my direction. i decided to chill with them for a while, then they started to ride all crazy and crossing double yellow. i stayed back with other riders i was with. i go arround the corner and they are all pulled over. i was behind a car... and the cop turns arround and waves us down. he STATED , " I SAW YOU GUYS"

yup.... so i am guilty due to i have a motorcycle?

·
Registered
507 Posts
i do the exact same thing when i'm comin up to stop light on occasion..i've thought about what a cop would do it he were to see it, i ride by cops all the time with my left hand on my leg for rest and they havn't done anything about that, but i'm not gonna go out of my way to see if a cop would get me for no hands

1 - 20 of 20 Posts