Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got an offer to settle for the property damage. It was a complete loss and they offered me $7,400.00 total but minus the $500.00 deductible it leaves me wtih a total of $6,911.00. I owe around $5,800.00 so I am getting an extra $1,100.00. Do you think I should settle for this?
If I do settle for this I need some advice because I am wanting a to get a stunt bike and I don't know whether or not to buy mine back or to get something different. They gave me the salvage value of $2,306.53 which would leave me with a total of $4,604.47 out of the $6,911.00. This means I would still owe on the bike and I would still have to pay to get it fixed too. I am not sure what the damage was because I haven't seen the list with the total damage for the estimate but they estimated me over $9,000.00 worth of damage. Keep in mind I won't need to replace everything in the estimate since it will be a stunt bike. I am just not sure whether or not to buy her back, still have to make payments (without a job due too the injury's), and pay to fix her up or take the extra $1,100.00 after I pay her off completley and put it towards a new one. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think take the settlement, make out with $1,100.00 and eventually put it down on a new one once you have some income again.

·
Registered
533 Posts
yup once you make that insurance claim the insurance company no longer likes you and whats to stick it up your you know what

N

·
0 Posts
Blizzle RR said:
Even if it wasn't my fault?
Sorry. I thought you crashed (single vehicle accident) and went through your insurance and they totalled it. If that's not the case, and there was another party involved then why are you going through your insurance and not theirs?

·
Registered
136 Posts
"I'd rather live a life believing that there is a God and to find out in death that there is not one, than to live my life like there is not a God only to find out in death that there is one "

Thats basically acknowledging you have no faith but will fake it just incase. Everyone lives life for their own benefit, its human nature. Do good deeds, be honest and you will feel good, making for a happy life. No need to put a superior figure in the way to keep you in check, you have control. You have one life, live your own.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Arcrist said:
"I'd rather live a life believing that there is a God and to find out in death that there is not one, than to live my life like there is not a God only to find out in death that there is one "

Thats basically acknowledging you have no faith but will fake it just incase. Everyone lives life for their own benefit, its human nature. Do good deeds, be honest and you will feel good, making for a happy life. No need to put a superior figure in the way to keep you in check, you have control. You have one life, live your own.
I believe we have a candidate for the "Most Off-Topic and/or Random Post of the Week" award...

[/threadjack] So are you dealing w/ your insurance company or someone else's insurance company?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nemesis said:
Sorry. I thought you crashed (single vehicle accident) and went through your insurance and they totalled it. If that's not the case, and there was another party involved then why are you going through your insurance and not theirs?
Nem
That was what I was asking myself when I recieved the offer through the mail.
I take it that MY insurance company is not out to hurt me but to settle with me & then go after hers.

Arcrist
What the hell does that have to do with apples & oranges?...LoL

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Arcrist said:
Well I saw his quote and I didnt want to start a thread about it.
Then send a PM

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Blizzle RR said:
I am just not sure whether or not to buy her back, still have to make payments (without a job due too the injury's)
I'm not sure what happened to you, but if it wasn't your fault then I hope you are going after their ins for wages lost!! I am also out of work due to my crash and I got a lawyer and am sueing her ins for wages lost pain and suffering etc

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not your fault...shouldn't be your isurance paying it. unless of course they are trying to be good guys and make you right in a hurry. Some comapnies (I've heard) will actually help their insured then collect from the at fault party. Lost wages should definitely be part of your pursuit. That's why we pay what we pay for insurance.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
take the settlement. don't buy the bike back at that price. you'll have a salvage titled bike that you'll have to spend countless hours and money to build it up.

and it's almost the end of the riding season. wait till november when the bike prices drop, and see if you can a new but preowned 05 RR for an awesome price.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jb944s2 said:
Not your fault...shouldn't be your isurance paying it. unless of course they are trying to be good guys and make you right in a hurry. Some comapnies (I've heard) will actually help their insured then collect from the at fault party. Lost wages should definitely be part of your pursuit. That's why we pay what we pay for insurance.
Yeah, I've already got a lawyer but unfortunatly I can't get lost wages because I just moved to this area (I had quit my previous job) & when the accident occured I was actually finding the place that I had a job interview the next morning. Like I stated before to answer Nem's ? I believe my insurance IS being the nice guy & trying to settle with me first, then go after her insurance company later.
This is the thread to tell ya what happend to me. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57355

Thanks to those who ACTUALLY answered my questions!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Blizzle RR said:
I was actually finding the place that I had a job interview the next morning.
I would ask your attorney what he thinks. I would still try to collect for lost wages being that you were in the process of finding new employment and this accident ceased your progess. You never know, what if you had actually been hired by the new employer?

As far as the bike goes, I wouldn't buy it back. 2k is alot for a salvaged bike that still needs to be repaired. YOu have buy all the parts, put in the time repairing it, and in the end, if you ever sell it, you wont get much for it, nor will the insurance provide full coverage on it. Now on the other hand, if they are willing to let it go for $700 or less, then I'd buy it back.

I bought my 05 salvaged RR last year (2005), completely rebuilt and shinny new for $4k (had less than 300 miles). Great deal, but i couldnt find a insurance co. that would provide full coverage on it because of the title. The whole salvage deal was a pain in the oss. In retrospect, I would have better spent that money on a down payment on a NEW bike.

As far as the settlement, it sounds fair, so long as that is ONLY for the property damage and that they will still provide some sort of compensation for pain and suffering. I'm surprised your attorney is trying to get you more out of this, considering that it was not your fault.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rendizzo, Thanks bro, that gave me alot to go on!!! My attorney doesn't deal with property damage he is dealing with the hospital bills, physical theraphy, & pain/suffering. So yeah, that's just the Property Damage Estimate.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry to hear about all this Blizzle. Honestly though I would be all over her insurance **** using my own. You shouldnt be paying the deductible and having your rates go up high for a wreck someone else caused. Is it a possibility that the other lady didnt have insurance? So now your company is paying for it right now to get you going then they are going to sue her to get their money back?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts