Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I upgraded!!!! I finally got my settlement from my wreck on the Aprillia and picked up an 02 CBR954RR for 4k. The thing only had 7127 miles on it (all proven original). I'll post up pics soon. I just changed the oil and put a brand spankin' new set of Dunlop Q2's on it. I'll swear it turns a little easier and faster than the 600 did too.
As for my late, great, 06 600rr I sold it to recoup some of the costs of buying the new bike. It didn't have a title and I still got $2200 for it. The 600 converted me from Suzuki to Honda and I am thankful for it. Though now I might try to find another one to track out... Hmmm.....
Pics of the 954 to come soon.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Just curious why you think its an "upgrade"? Is it because the 954 has more cc's? Please say that's not the case. Have fun with your new bike.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Just curious why you think its an "upgrade"? Is it because the 954 has more cc's? Please say that's not the case. Have fun with your new bike.
the 929 i just sold was easily considered an upgrade to an older 600rr. it handles awesome, and has lots of power. only item missing is a damper.

congrats!!! that 954 is a beast. she will pull the front tire up so smoothly and easily, that you can do it without speeding LoL

·
Registered
601 Posts
+1

I don't necessarily think a 954 is an upgrade. I can't speak for an older 600rr, however from '07 on, I personally would choose a 600rr over a 954.

Now, if you're talking about a 1krr from '08 onward I'd probably agree with you.

That all being said, if it makes you happier than your 600rr, then yes it's a definite upgrade.

Be safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While having a liter bike is awesome, it is not the only reason I call it an upgrade. The CBR954RR has Honda's lightest chassis produced, can out handle most 600cc bikes and has the power to outperform. That being said it is also a rarity and a gem. Personally I like it a lot more than the 600. Only thing it needs is a GPR or Scott's steering damper. Other than that its amazing. And the 600 didn't have a title because that was the way I got it. I traded a 2002 GSX-R 600 straight for it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i think its a great bike wouldnt call it an upgrade but definetly a badass bike post pics as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
While having a liter bike is awesome, it is not the only reason I call it an upgrade. The CBR954RR has Honda's lightest chassis produced, can out handle most 600cc bikes and has the power to outperform. That being said it is also a rarity and a gem. Personally I like it a lot more than the 600. Only thing it needs is a GPR or Scott's steering damper. Other than that its amazing. And the 600 didn't have a title because that was the way I got it. I traded a 2002 GSX-R 600 straight for it.
I have a scotts damper mount for your 954RR. Want?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a '03 954 with 20k miles and sold it this spring for $4200. I upgraded to a 04 1000rr with 2k miles on it for $300 more. I think the 954 handled a little better than my 1000rr but it may be because the 1000rr has 7 year old tires. I will be upgrading them to q2's with a 55 rear tire. My 2005 600rr is my track whore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts