Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it has been offically over 2.5 years since I have been to a track day, I also stopped riding hard on the streets for almost a year since my last accident.

I tried to go out and turn some old corners that were decent and it just seems like I have no confidence or skill anymore!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I feel as if I am back at the beginning and that makes me very discouraged cause I was at one time a hell of a rider, I was scraping peg and knee, now I barely can burn off my chicken strips!

Someone got some encouragement or advice to hone up my skills again?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Learn to enjoy the ride again. Not the skills you once had polished. At one time you rode because you enjoyed riding not because you were a hell of a rider.
Learn to enjoy the ride again and in time your confidence in yourself and bike will build and the skills you once had will be born again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just do discouraging though, spent a couple years to get as good as I was, now it seems like I have never touched a knee!

Agravating, I think I need a track day.

·
Registered
870 Posts
One question:

Do you ever really forget how to ride a bicycle?

No

It just takes time to get back up to speed. Take your time in a couple hundred miles you will be back in the zone.

Peace

·
Registered
237 Posts
not sure what your accident was about, but that plays a big role in it. even some pro racers have trouble getting lap times back up to par after a really bad wreck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
envirocbr said:
It is just do discouraging though, spent a couple years to get as good as I was, now it seems like I have never touched a knee!

Agravating, I think I need a track day.
Don't be discouraged. Progress takes time to happen.Was Rome built in a day? NO. Were the pyramids of Egypt erected overnight? No.
Will your riding skills come back in a track day or during a weekend of twisties? No. Over time will you show improvement with every ride? Yes.

Patience is a virtue. Keep the head up and the pride will follow.

Don't get pissed thinking of what you once were. Rejoyce in what you will eventually become.

Better than ever!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Treat everyday like a trackday. When you ride consentrate on being consistant and use good form and technique. Remember smooth is fast. But above all have fun.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I went out and had some fun today,m although I do believe that my leathers are a little too tight now...I wear a size 40 US and I think I need a 42.

Sqeezes the crotch area, and I cannot get my arm fully extended up, when I get off the bike for a turn I feel the leathers pulling at my shoulders!!

Has anyone tried those Frank Thomas Leathers! Really Cheap at Cycle Gear

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
It's a good thing that you can't drag knee on the street. That's your common sense reminding you of the danger. All you need is another track day. Jennings has several coming up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are Pricey!!!! I am moving soon and my Fiance' is taking her MSF as I type this very moment

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah man i know how you feel i am feeling the same way right now. i m just taking it easy but yeah i have really taken some of these twisties a lot slower than b4

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
think like rossi! forget the past! imagine ur like a motogp rider.. a verry confident one. haha!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Just relax.....

I was off from the track for well over a year and by the end of the day i was faster than i was before.

Just go to have fun.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
true true, you just gotta get warmed up fully. may take alittle longer than planned, but its still inside u

1 - 16 of 16 Posts