Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it has been offically over 2.5 years since I have been to a track day, I also stopped riding hard on the streets for almost a year since my last accident.

I tried to go out and turn some old corners that were decent and it just seems like I have no confidence or skill anymore!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I feel as if I am back at the beginning and that makes me very discouraged cause I was at one time a hell of a rider, I was scraping peg and knee, now I barely can burn off my chicken strips!

Someone got some encouragement or advice to hone up my skills again?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Learn to enjoy the ride again. Not the skills you once had polished. At one time you rode because you enjoyed riding not because you were a hell of a rider.
Learn to enjoy the ride again and in time your confidence in yourself and bike will build and the skills you once had will be born again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is just do discouraging though, spent a couple years to get as good as I was, now it seems like I have never touched a knee!

Agravating, I think I need a track day.

·
Registered
870 Posts
One question:

Do you ever really forget how to ride a bicycle?

No

It just takes time to get back up to speed. Take your time in a couple hundred miles you will be back in the zone.

Peace

·
Registered
231 Posts
envirocbr said:
It is just do discouraging though, spent a couple years to get as good as I was, now it seems like I have never touched a knee!

Agravating, I think I need a track day.
Don't be discouraged. Progress takes time to happen.Was Rome built in a day? NO. Were the pyramids of Egypt erected overnight? No.
Will your riding skills come back in a track day or during a weekend of twisties? No. Over time will you show improvement with every ride? Yes.

Patience is a virtue. Keep the head up and the pride will follow.

Don't get pissed thinking of what you once were. Rejoyce in what you will eventually become.

Better than ever!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Treat everyday like a trackday. When you ride consentrate on being consistant and use good form and technique. Remember smooth is fast. But above all have fun.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I went out and had some fun today,m although I do believe that my leathers are a little too tight now...I wear a size 40 US and I think I need a 42.

Sqeezes the crotch area, and I cannot get my arm fully extended up, when I get off the bike for a turn I feel the leathers pulling at my shoulders!!

Has anyone tried those Frank Thomas Leathers! Really Cheap at Cycle Gear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.