Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first 600rr. The previous owner I got it from removed the passenger pegs. However when I look at my bike it looks like the holes are gone. Is this a custom job? I do see holes on the underside that have threads in them. I'm just not sure what I'm looking at. Can anyone explain? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It's not a "custom" subframe but it's looking like someone filled the holes in before powder coating the subframe.

Your call what you do from here, but if the holes were welded you're sort of screwed. Or not, pun intended.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely looks nice. I'm just wondering if this was welded and painted? There are no signs of the holes besides on the other side of the frame.

Thanks anyways! It was probably welded.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If you can't source a new subframe to put on. Then you could locate the holes through the back side and drill them and tap them.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,811 Posts
If you must have passenger pegs, trade subframes with someone. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have that one

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If you can't source a new subframe to put on. Then you could locate the holes through the back side and drill them and tap them.
The "problem" with this idea is the way the subframe is designed where the pegs mount. If you simply drilled through the mounts wouldn't sit at the correct angle because the pegs are actually machined into the frame to sit at the correct angle. Look at your bike closely and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Honestly, OP I'd suggest keeping this subframe and simply buying a used one off eBay. It's not that filling in the holes is hard work but it's not something done too often and to make it look good takes time; this one looks good.

You never know when you may want that "clean" look or even if you decide to track the bike.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was more curious, but it does look like the subframe was welded. I wil be leaving it. The wifey will have to ride on my other bike only!

Thanks,
tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts