Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys it's getting to be about that time of the year again when the riding season starts. Well I want to get everything in gear for the season, but ever since the begining of last season I have been having issues with my 04 RR. I kno it's some sort of electrical issue but when the bike is compleatly cold I can get on the throttle real hard and I have no issues but as soon as I hit about 130 degrees and I start to get on the throttle it starts to break up and sputter at around 7k and the bike feel like it wants to crap on it's self. I checked everything that I could think of and removed my power commander. I was thinking it's the ECU but not 100% when I put my buddys ECU On the bike seemed to run fine but I don't want to just keep throwing parts at it would rather be able to just diagnose the problem I don't have any FI light and I tried to pull DTC's and I was unable to pull any just trying to figure this out before the season starts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I was thinking it's the ECU but not 100% when I put my buddys ECU On the bike seemed to run fine but I don't want to just keep throwing parts at it would rather be able to just diagnose the problem I don't have any FI light and I tried to pull DTC's and I was unable to pull any just trying to figure this out before the season starts
So there is a big problem..but ecu can't detect it (no FI's), and when you throw in a different ECU with everything else the same, (wire's, sensors, etc..) the problem is resolved....:ponder:...its obviously your windscreen wipers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I threw in my buddy's ecu from his 04 it seemed to run better it would hold power until about 10k without breaking up or sputtering as opposed to my ecu as soon as I hit around 7k I'm might just take the thing to a dealer and pay them 100 an hour to find the problem or fix it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts