Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went up to my bike today to try to leave when I turn my key on there was no power to the dash I could not start my bike my clock was not on nothing so I pull my battery off charged took it back out to the bike plug everything back up the way it should be turn my key on the lights came on barely my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home check the battery my charger says its good not sure what else to doit's late here so I'm going to do more trouble shooting tomorrow but if anybody can help it would be appreciated Thanks for yaknowledge

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
You can try checking your fuses by the battery and behind the left mid also, but sounds like a short somewhere in the system. If what I read right (confusing towards the middle, lol). Your saying fan hasnt worked in a year ? Now it does randomly with key on or off?

This could be your culprit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Battery chargers only read the voltage while there is no load on the battery. I bad battery can read good voltages after being charged. I would say you need a new battery.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Battery chargers only read the voltage while there is no load on the battery. I bad battery can read good voltages after being charged. I would say you need a new battery.
Definitely get it load tested. I could roll start my bike with a battery that showed "0% Battery Life" on a Honda Dealership's battery load tester. I watched him hooked up and then he chuckled a little bit when the reading came up on the screen.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home
You guys are saying a bad battery is causing this?

·
Registered
830 Posts
You guys are saying a bad battery is causing this?
I didn't read that part I guess. That's definitely not a symptom of battery issues.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
so I went up to my bike today to try to leave when I turn my key on there was no power to the dash I could not start my bike my clock was not on nothing so I pull my battery off charged took it back out to the bike plug everything back up the way it should be turn my key on the lights came on barely my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home check the battery my charger says its good not sure what else to doit's late here so I'm going to do more trouble shooting tomorrow but if anybody can help it would be appreciated Thanks for yaknowledge
ok.

So to start with, what you've written there makes almost no sense at all. Can you spell it out again one point at a time. When doing so, describe what you did and what you observed. Then start a new line and say what you did next and subsequently observed etc. One action and set of observations per block of text, and all in chronological order.

Next, what year bike is it? What mods have been done?

Once you've got a legible description of the issue I'll be more than happy to help you work through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts