Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have absolutely no power to anything. I took my fairings to do a oil change. Everything started back up just fine, I warmed it up and everything seemed good. Rolled in neutral for about 3 feet and the power to it completely shut off. Nothing happens when I hit the ignition switch, no power to the gauges, the horn and headlights don't work.

Battery reading is good it's just over 13V.

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
wont start at all now? and its got a good connection?
sounds like the battery is not hooked up...

...just sayin...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably should have mention this but when it shut off i redid the connections to the battery and it started back up. But as soon as I started moving again it shutoff. Now I get nothing.

I just noticed however that as soon as I reconnect the negative side to the battery the RPM needle moves up then back down but nothing else happens afterwards.

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
Probably should have mention this but when it shut off i redid the connections to the battery and it started back up. But as soon as I started moving again it shutoff. Now I get nothing.

I just noticed however that as soon as I reconnect the negative side to the battery the RPM needle moves up then back down but nothing else happens afterwards.
got a friends bike around? try his battery. if his dont work you might have fried your CPU. did you connect the negative side first?

i might be wrong but thats what it sounds like to me

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Hey, assholes, us whores are smart, sometimes.

Anyway, check to see everything is grounded properly and you're not arcing out somewhere. Secondly, did you check all of your fuses? A fuse should pop before any real damage is done. If you find one busted, replace it and see if it pops again. If it does, then you're arcing out somewhere. If you cleaned your battery posts with a silicone-based cleaner (usually a spray cleaner) then sand that mierda down as well as your terminal connections and hook it back up. Those spray cleaners suck ass and can inhibit current.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
LMFAO...it actually wasn't my filter...i jes never bothered sharing. one of the dumb wires on the bazzaz got loose, that's why i could run a whole lap before losing power. the next day when i got it all back together i was having the same problem..then my dumbazz brother comes up and just reconnects the wire, and BAM!!! what a fcuking waste of my BMC...jhahahahaha. oh wells

1 - 15 of 15 Posts