Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I have been working on this 600rr that has been sitting for quite some time, in short, I had to clean out the gas tank, and replace the fuel pump, due two excessive corrosion. Of course before I go and put the assembly back into the tank and mount the tank back onto the bike I want to make sure everything is working properly. It is not working properly, as before with the old fuel pump, the new one is not getting power as well. If someone can help me with this issue, what I did is a took a voltmeter and when I test the connections on the pump itself.... no power, test at the connector outside the assembly... no power, however I found that when i disconnect the fuel pump assembly connector I can then get a power reading coming from the harness..... plug the connector back in..... no power.... unplug it... power returns to the connector... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG GUYS!?!?!

·
Registered
382 Posts
How are you testing it?

What is the original issue? You diagnose no power at connector when connected, but what did the bike do before you disassembled? I am guessing when you turned the ignition on, your fuel pump didn't prime.

Check the zener diode located in your ignition housing - replace it. It's cheap, so try that first - IMO.

Just throwing sh*t at the wall, and seeing what sticks - you can ignore this advice :) I completely understand.

Alternatively look at my thread for a similar issue except on a 2009. http://www.600rr.net/vb/62-troubleshooting/572289-2009-cbr600rr-fuel-pump-not-priming.html#post7961601

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AXEL

Yes the original issue was that the fuel pump was not priming, the relay clicks on as well, I dont believe its an issue with the BAS or engine cut off switch because those all seem to be functioning correctly.

I did read a post about the zener diode and I think that is a good idea to check and replace that, I will definitely start there.

Thank you for the advice, I was really just wanting a second opinion from someone that could maybe give me even a sliver of hope haha, so ill go ahead and check the zener diode

·
Registered
382 Posts
So lets go back to my thread and the help I was given. If you manually ground your fuel pump from the coil side of the relay does the fuel pump run? If the fuel pump runs and you press your starter button, does the bike fire up? Can you bump start your bike?

Again just throwing crap at the wall, but these are some good tests at the very least that will help narrow down what is going on. Take what I say with a grain of salt - just trying to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts