Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 track bike that had been wrecked and I'm having problems getting the fuel pump to prime. I thought this would be easy to solve but I've run through all the suggestions in the manual and I'm out of ideas. So, here I am.

Here's what I know:

The 30A fuse is good
The 20A FI fuse is good
BAS fuse is good
BAS is oriented correctly and functioning
Kill switch set to run
Kill switch works properly
Fuel pump relay good
Engine stop relay good

I don't get any voltage to the fuel pump through the connector. I don't actually seem to be getting any power to fuel pump relay itself. I've checked the ECM Power Input Voltage as instructed on page 6-75 of the manual and get no voltage, at which point the manual then tells me to inspect the kill switch and relay, but those are both fine.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I bought a 2007 track bike that had been wrecked and I'm having problems getting the fuel pump to prime. I thought this would be easy to solve but I've run through all the suggestions in the manual and I'm out of ideas. So, here I am.

Here's what I know:

The 30A fuse is good
The 20A FI fuse is good
BAS fuse is good
BAS is oriented correctly and functioning
Kill switch set to run
Kill switch works properly
Fuel pump relay good
Engine stop relay good

I don't get any voltage to the fuel pump through the connector. I don't actually seem to be getting any power to fuel pump relay itself. I've checked the ECM Power Input Voltage as instructed on page 6-75 of the manual and get no voltage, at which point the manual then tells me to inspect the kill switch and relay, but those are both fine.
Two other safeties to look at are the clutch pin switch and the kickstand switch.

Checking fuses and flipping switches is not really troubleshooting a circuits function so how did you test the BAS and kill switch, with a multimeter? Unless you've unplugged them and tested them electrically and mechanically for function you can't rule them out.

What are the damaged areas on the bike? Did it run after at all or were there any other issues before the wreck?

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two other safeties to look at are the clutch pin switch and the kickstand switch.

Checking fuses and flipping switches is not really troubleshooting a circuits function so how did you test the BAS and kill switch, with a multimeter? Unless you've unplugged them and tested them electrically and mechanically for function you can't rule them out.

What are the damaged areas on the bike? Did it run after at all or were there any other issues before the wreck?

Mike
I tested the BAS by just turning the ignition to ON and turning the BAS upside down, the engine stop relay clicked as it should have. Same thing with the kill switch, the engine stop relay should click every time you flip it.

It ended up being this little connector. It had been ripped apart at some point and one half of the connector is missing. The wiring on this bike has all been hacked to **** so I didn't think anything of it when I was plugging everything up.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts