Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in hagerstown md next to frederick,germantown,west virginia spring mills martinsburg etc....i already posted on the meeting part of the forum...got no hits....are there any riders near me???? i moved out here like 5 months ago from florida and cant find no rider friends here.....were yall mutha fukas at!!!! lol all i see is harleys out here thats it

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i'm about 2.5 hours from hagerstown. PM me anytime. my work and track skedge is a little hectic this month but let me kno and i can get away once in a while.:shakehand

·
Registered
579 Posts
Im just south of frederick, maybe 15- 20 mins away. PM me I got a few people I ride with

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I usually ride around rt28. There is a nice road off of rt109. Kinda short but has nice turns and hills. Any good roads you know of?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thurston rd

it might be off of 109, i cant remember. its kinda short like 3 miles, but has some good turns that you could probably drag knee on

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anne Arundel here, but I was in Frederick for a few months on rotations and I bought my bike from a guy in Hagerstown.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the riding in MD, if it wasn't for the fact that I have an amazing job I'd have moved. There are a lot of scenic backroads out there, but nothing that's aggressively twisty. Try 17 Smithsburg down to the VA line, it is scenic with some decent sweeping turns but not super twisty. 77 (Smithsburg to Thurmont) through Catoctin is a bit twisty but very short.

What's your range? About 30-60 mins into VA and especially WV there are plenty of good twisties. And since you just moved here, I'm assuming you haven't done Skyline Dr (Shenandoah National Park). It just over an hour to the nearest entrance in Front Royal (sadly it's 2 hrs from me so I only go about once a month). Thus far it's my favorite road in the area, 105 miles of twisties ranging from mild/relaxing to very technical/difficult. If you go try weekdays and avoid holidays, there are a few park police up there, but they don't aggressively target speeders and I rarely even see them patrolling during the week. I have a yearly pass and I've been far more times than I can count, but I've only been stopped once for passing someone on the solid line and speeding (70 in 35) but I just got a verbal warning to be safe since the road is so dangerous.

·
Registered
579 Posts
hmm, that park sounds interesting! I will have to look it up

·
Registered
58 Posts
Baltimore rider here!

There are some twisties in towson loc raven area that I hit time to time.
Hey I'm just north of Baltimore in Harford county. I'm alway looking for new people to ride with so if you want to ride I'm out everyday. Pm me your number if you wanna ride!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm close to the MD boarder on the PA side. I hit Cecil County on occasion (usually with the 4 wheeled vehicle).

I'm originally from Ft. Myers, Florida.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.