Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I won't be able to do any riding for a while. We got a nice amount of snow here in NC over the last week...so some of my buddy's down the street decided last night that it would be a good idea to tie an inner tube to the back of his truck and pull everyone around the neighborhood on it...
this turned out to be a very bad idea for me. I no more than got on the thing and he went around a corner and gunned it, sending me flying around the corner at about 25-30 mph straight into a street sign..
it all happened so quickly that all I was able to do was turn my head away from it.....I took all the impact in my right side rib cage. I've now got 3 hairline fractures in my ribs and one hell of a bruise to go with it. I have never felt anything like this before in my life.....makes you really think about what it would feel like to loose controll of the bike and hit something going alot faster. So I'm out of commision for at least a few weeks. Definitely no good!!

eazy

L

·
0 Posts
damn, that sux. should of worn your gear! :wink:

at least there is snow on the ground so you aren't missing too much riding. hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I fractured some ribs water skiing last summer - I've never felt pain like that before in my life! It hurt just to lay still in the bed.

Plan on a solid 6 weeks my friend before you start feeling better.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hollywood said:
I fractured some ribs water skiing last summer - I've never felt pain like that before in my life! It hurt just to lay still in the bed.

Plan on a solid 6 weeks my friend before you start feeling better.
yep...its got me pretty tore up....However, they did give me like 6 percosets...those were nice for taking away some of the pain...could've used a couple more though. The impact was brutal...I bounced back off the sign post like 4 feet...It pretty much knocked me out for a minute (few seconds actually) when I looked up the sign was still swaying back and forth...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds like you're not going to be laughing for a few weeks either (at least not painlessly) That sucks. Hope you get well soon.

·
Registered
205 Posts
[/quote]Or coughing, or sneezing, or pretty much anything that involves movement! Broken ribs are the worst...[/quote]

Don't forget taking a ****!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
damn man! that sucks! sorry to hear you're down for a while. we'll try to keep the humor to a minimum.... well, maybe not. :p hope you feel better soon.
:crutches:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like a REDNECK kind of thing to do.... I know you are hurting and I feel for you but that is a VERY funny story.

I shared it with a couple of buddies and they couldn't stop lauging.

Sorry to laugh at your expense!

·
Registered
57 Posts
That sux!When I was a kid I tied a jump rope to a tricycle and pulled my friend.I gave the rope a fast strong tug and pulled it out from under him!He did half a flip and broke his arm lol!Anyways get well soon!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
get well soon man good thing you were not riding your bike instead blessing in disguise if you ask me

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
sbraden said:
Sounds like a REDNECK kind of thing to do....!
Yep, and it's a blast too, especially when drinking a lot of beer, until somebody gets hurt, but that's why your supposed to bring a VIDEO CAMERA. That and the driver is a **** for gunning it around the corner. I reccomend a sled rather than an inertube, and if you have one, a water skiing rope works great.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sbraden said:
Sounds like a REDNECK kind of thing to do.... I know you are hurting and I feel for you but that is a VERY funny story.

I shared it with a couple of buddies and they couldn't stop lauging.

Sorry to laugh at your expense!
yep, all the guys at work were laughing their asses off (as soon as they knew I was ok that is

merciless said:
dude,,,, That totaly sucks!!! hope you get well soon, did it knock the wind out of you?
knocked the living **** out of me

[/img]http://www.600rr.net/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1492
http://www.600rr.net/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1493
http://www.600rr.net/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1494

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a couple pics

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey, I got those same jeans! :lol2:

Glad to hear you're okay. I think you got lucky taking it where you did. If you woulda turned away anymore you coulda took it off the spine..and that woulda made for one shitty day! I've never busted any ribs but in talking to some friends that have they said your kinda SOL for the next month or two. Well, at least you have a comical story to tell from it. :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts