Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
One Man Band
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe my ears!! NJ will be the first state to try and ban smoking in cars!
NY may follow suit. WTF!! What next??? No farting allowed in your car??
No crack whores servicing you in your car??:banghead: ...Feel free to add what you think may be the next ridiculous proposal concerning your freedom in your vehicle..................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Well, besides the fact that smoking is just great for you anyway, I know of plenty of people who can barely drive when all attention is driving with both hands. I bet smoking in cars while driving has lead to a large number of accidents and deaths either from not paying attention, dropping it, etc.

SO if you love to smoke so much and can only smoke in your car for whatever odd reason, move I guess.

But to adhere to what you said, they'll probably ban any kind of sexual act in the car, which would suck cus like 1/2 the males would lose out on their first time and/or BJ
 

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
I had a friend in Cali get a ticket for "discharging" out of her window. Hehe, what a trick, eh? In Cali it's illegal to knock your ash off out a window.. How amusing is that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Crip2Nite said:
I can't believe my ears!! NJ will be the first state to try and ban smoking in cars!
NY may follow suit. WTF!! What next??? No farting allowed in your car??
No crack whores servicing you in your car??:banghead: ...Feel free to add what you think may be the next ridiculous proposal concerning your freedom in your vehicle..................
I don't smoke anyway but...why don't they ban cigarettes then????
I think for the road safety is much more unsafe using the cell phone while driving for example...
Here you can obviously smoke in your car but they are very strict with cell phones without headphone, you get -5 points on driving license but i don't remember how much is the ticket...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
formergixxer said:
But to adhere to what you said, they'll probably ban any kind of sexual act in the car, which would suck cus like 1/2 the males would lose out on their first time and/or BJ
Yea, we don't want to do that. Nothing like a little road head to make a long commute less boring. Although making it illegal may just make it more interesting.
 

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
I still don't see how they can make you wear your seatbelt. I don't smoke but I see a really big problem if they try to do that. What freedoms do you have left if you can't smoke in your car?
 

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
Joined
·
1,960 Posts
senedane said:
I had a friend in Cali get a ticket for "discharging" out of her window. Hehe, what a trick, eh? In Cali it's illegal to knock your ash off out a window.. How amusing is that?

Sorry, but this pisses me off so much. Ever get hit by hot ash while riding? It sucks. Also, it's ******* dirty, and it's littering. Use the ******* ash tray in your car: your car already smells like **** after you smoke in it. Throwing cig butts out he window is gross too. Too bad you friend didn't get hit with a littering ticket: it's a 1,000 minimum fine here in california.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Aeteocles said:
Sorry, but this pisses me off so much. Ever get hit by hot ash while riding? It sucks. Also, it's ******* dirty, and it's littering. Use the ******* ash tray in your car: your car already smells like **** after you smoke in it. Throwing cig butts out he window is gross too. Too bad you friend didn't get hit with a littering ticket: it's a 1,000 minimum fine here in california.
well said...
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
the police will not enforce it... i have yet to see someone get pulled over for chatting on the phone.. i have driven past many cops on the phone and 9/10 of them are on the phone too...

the police have better things to do that hunt down ppl that are smoking.. you know like trying to manage real crimes...

in general i think actions like these take away from our freedoms.. you can argue until you are blue in the face that smoking is a distraction in the car.. but then so is the radio, the seat adjuster, the air conditioning etc.. these are all things that distract ppl from the road... if you cannot handle distactions behind the wheel then you should not be driving...

i think if this ban goes through there is no stopping.. radios, etc will soon be banned.. because there are more wrecks associated to ppl messing with the radio than there are with ppl smoking...
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
In Cali the only contents you can discharge from your vehicle is water and chicken feathers.

One reason smoking is being banned is probably because of the smoke getting into peoples eyes. Not only does the smoke block your view of the road, it can also cause irritation to the eyes resulting in a temporary loss of vision..
 

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
No reason to apologize ta me, brother... I don't smoke anywhere but the bar. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
senedane said:
I had a friend in Cali get a ticket for "discharging" out of her window. Hehe, what a trick, eh? In Cali it's illegal to knock your ash off out a window.. How amusing is that?
Technically, The only thing that is allowed to be thrown out of a moving car in CA is either ice (or another water based object) or chicken feathers. LOL Thats the truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
I think the banning of something that you choose to do , in your own property is horseshyt3. I am a former smoker, I have stopped. So I am not jsut talking as someone who wants to smoke all the time. I stopped cold turkey after being almost a 2 pack a day smoker. But telling me I can't smoke, in my own property is just insane. The people who allow this will be surprised one day when they wake up and the government has taken away everything. Fine them for throwing their butts out sure, but this law is totally rediculous and a huge infringment on personal rights. I would sooner they ban all the smokes than this. That will never happen because they pump too much money into politics. I'll stop before I go on all day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Fu*K the stupid law makers that passed that stupid law! In that case, we all aught to wear the same color clothes, tie our shoe-laces that same way, all make the same amount of money and take down the flag and replace it with a Pro Communist Soviet Union flag!!!

FU*K them ... I'll do whatever the fu*k I want to do in "MY" fu*kin car!

IM AN ANGRY DORK ;)
 

·
Mad Chemist
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Hmmmm.......... Well you could start dipping while you drive.

Bwahhahhahahhahaa!

The folks behind you would love it!!




I do that in airplanes to piss them off. That 20 oz soda bottle of spittle always disgusts people. You used to be able to book a smoking section seat until the tobacco nazi's started lobbying the government.

Why not just install a better air filter. NY already banned smoking in bars. You can still go to private clubs to have a smoker friendly bar like the American Legion. There are air filters or ventalation systems that could fix the problems but the pissed off haggs that want to tell other people what to do weren't happy until they kicked the smokers out on the sidewalk.
 

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
screw that, its my truck that i bought, and its my cig's that i bought. i should be able to do what i want with my property. i say smoke on if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,087 Posts
only prob is...i dont know how to tie my shoes and wear velcro sneakers still....

mitchlguzin said:
Fu*K the stupid law makers that passed that stupid law! In that case, we all aught to wear the same color clothes, tie our shoe-laces that same way, all make the same amount of money and take down the flag and replace it with a Pro Communist Soviet Union flag!!!

FU*K them ... I'll do whatever the fu*k I want to do in "MY" fu*kin car!

IM AN ANGRY DORK ;)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top